Deltek user since about 2005.

Tami S.
Office Manager / Controller
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would recommend this software. Honestly, I can't imagine business without it!

Vorteile: I'm a full service office manager in the Architectural / Engineering / Construction industry. I worked with Deltek Vision first and I absolutely LOVED the software! We updated from a very antiquated system to a full CRM and it was mostly seamless and allowed us to really clean up our data before migrating over (which was so valuable because it's a 70 yr old company). After about 6 months, I was chatting with the president of the company at a holiday party and he asked how I liked Vision and was very happy to hear me gushing about how much I loved it (I worked for a branch office). I never understood the old system and felt very lucky just to get my time sheet entered each week without 'issues'. It was so amazing to have our project marketing data connected to our accounting data!
In 2013 I took a new job with a company that had recently migrated to Deltek Ajera (although, at the time, I'm not sure if Deltek owned it) and we only have the accounting system. It makes time sheets, payroll, and project accounting very easy but it does not incorporate marketing and leads and that sort of thing. I'm not sure how important it is to track that information from a financial standpoint but I feel very disconnected not having that information in Ajera (full project descriptions, project photos, employee photos and resumes, etc.) This is a small office and the President handles most of the marketing and he has a system that works for him but if it comes time to update I will definitely push hard for the full system!
Customer service is great for the most part! I get someone on the phone within minutes and it's rare to have a problem they can't fix right then or remote into my computer to show me how.

Nachteile: With Ajera there are a few glitches but they're constantly updating and trying to work things out. There's a few annoying functions like when you try to get out of a screen it will make you hit save or cancel to get out (maybe just annoying for me because patience with tech is not my strong point). The one other issue that really bothers me is that we pay per year for support for all 7 employees but I'm the only one that ever uses it and not often. They told me that there's no way around that and I can't pay for just me. I think that's way too much money, especially considering I call them about once a month max.

A very powerful tool...a must for Government contractors.

Robert R.
Luft- & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall it is a great product. I have been a part of the implementation team for two companies and it was night and day once deltek came online. Things I learned:
Tips: 1) Run at least a 3 month if not a 6 month parallel with your old system, with your old system generating the live invoices.
2) Work out any bad numbers or problems in your old system, the one you know well, before migrating to the new system
3) Project set is the key. The system is based on how the project is originally set up, so make sure your staff is 100% comfortable in performing the project set up.
4) Have someone on staff who has gone through an implementation before, is very helpful.

Vorteile: Project detail - The ability to understand the financial picture of your project or company from the highest level down to the charging level.
Government bids - Allows the company to bid on Cost Plus type contracts with the confidence that the cost will be tracked and be reported to the Government's satisfaction.

Nachteile: It is not a system you can sit down and in a couple of days figure it out intuitively. It is conceptually difficult to understand, if you have never used a system like this one.

My experience with Deltek Vision

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Elizabeth V.
Accounting Manager
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I overall enjoy the product, and have enjoyed it for many years now. I do recommend this software for project based industries, but I would like to see some reporting enhancements and more customization features.

Vorteile: It's a one-stop-shop for project management and HR. There really isn't a need for other software programs, and minimizes the use of Excel. It's so easy to use that it's hard to use, but once you understand it's basic functionality, you pretty much understand the way the software works.

Nachteile: If there's an option that I want, like adding a new billing status, that is not easy to do. Report writing should be an option all of the time- there are very specific reports that I want and it's not easy to get that-I usually have to pull 3-4 reports, export into Excel and format myself. I don't want to have to active the cloud, learn SQL server/Vision studio and reporting, and upload to be able to get the report that I want. Other than those things, the software is brilliant.

Information Powerhouse

Bewertet am 29.7.2015
Kris B.
Accountant
Buchhaltung
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: Maconomy has proven to be an information powerhouse, giving us access to information that was outside our grasp in our legacy system. Due to Maconomy's core project management focus, we have gained better visibility on contribution margin. This has lead us to new initiatives to optimize leverage on client projects and fine tune realization. What is great about working with Deltek's consulting team is that the possibilities are endless. We were fortunate enough to be one of their first clients on their CPA solution and as a result we have seen so many of our ideas come to life in the core product.

Nachteile: With a system as customizable as Maconomy, the ideas may be endless but the time you need to devote to testing new upgrades can be taxing. However, Deltek has been great at walking us through new functionality and is always there as a resource to help us through any issues that arise.

C-Suite View on State of the Business

Bewertet am 16.8.2017
James S.
Independant Lead Director of the Board
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Deltek provides a great single source software solution for managing and running a medium to large size professional services firms such as those in the engineering and architectural fields. It is important that the platform be used as closely to "out-of-the-box" as possible. While the system is customizable, it is best to use the configurability capability of the system and avoid significant customization of the product to reduce future pain from updates and system fixes.

Vorteile: The Deltek Vision platform provides an "One-Source" integrated package for the Executive team to understand the state of the business which combines data from accounting, sales and business development, marketing intelligence, project management, resource planning and HR and staff information and management tools without the need to integrate separate software solutions. The developing mobile platform and apps will further enhance this platform solution.

Nachteile: Prior to the introduction and development of the iAccess portal, the systems were cumbersome and difficult to use for the user that did not spend a majority of their time in the Deltek Vision Portal. Those challenges are quickly being addressed as iAccess portal is further refined and developed.

Integrated ERP

Bewertet am 30.8.2017
Peter A.
Director of IT
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Maconomy's best feature is that we have one software for our back office meaning everything happens in real-time. It has proven to be an information powerhouse, giving us access to information that was outside our grasp in our legacy system. Due to Maconomy's core project management focus, we have gained better visibility on contribution margin. This has lead us to new initiatives to optimize leverage on client projects and fine tune realization.

Great ERP software for Accouting Firms

Bewertet am 3.1.2018
Ashmit T.
Business Intelligence Administator
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Maconomy is an excellent ERP with all the modules built right into it. With its latest version, it is very easy for users to do billings and time entry. It also provides users with IT background to do their own extensions and make a modification to different workspace within Maconomy. It also has a built-in General Ledger feature where you can do all your financials from one place. Maconomy utilizes Business Objects as its reporting platform which makes it easier for users to get to the data they want in effieicnt manner.

Nachteile: Maconomy can be tricky to use sometime. Its a bit tough for the users without training to get used to all the different workspaces, modules and popups.

Great, easy to use software!

Margaret T.
Financial Analyst
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software works well, and if you take advantage of the workshops and learning tools, it can do a myriad of tasking for you, with reporting at your fingertips.

Vorteile: I love the windows based functionality. The product works well for all company sizes. We use it for government contracting and it is easy to set up and maintain. The support services are very good and the experts typically know their stuff.

Nachteile: It's expensive, and you pay extra for the top level support. Training does not come with the software package so you have to take their classes (for an additional fee) or hire a consulting team. We went with a consultant. Next time, I'd go with Deltek...

Senior Accountant Likes the Software

Dana M.
Senior Accountant
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been a few years since I have used the software but from what I remember it was a great product.

Vorteile: There are so many different modules that can be set up and all used together to get reporting done accurately. I liked that the employees travel reports could be entered and reviewed. I liked all of the different options for what reports we could run. It has a lot of options you just have to figure out how to use the product to get the most out of it.

Nachteile: Setting up some of the modules was time consuming and a little difficult. Maybe a better training or a video could be done for hands on help.

My Deltek Review

Bewertet am 16.8.2017
Ola T.
Architektur & Planung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I've been using this software for over 11 years for Accounting, Time sheets and Expense Reports. The system is easy to navigate and I only had to walk through the steps one time when showing a newbie how to navigate the system. I give it a thumbs up.

Nachteile: The only problem that i have discovered is that a few of our employees using the mobile app upload their receipts on their phone. that shows indicates its in the and there might be a glitch in the system that once it shows you have an attachment but when reviewing it i get an error message that there is no attachment to view.

Deltek in a nutshell

Erin N.
HRBP
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There's definitely some ease of use here, and reporting on large volumes of data has been pretty easy. As a super user, I do find the security and time configs to be very easy (new users are super easy to set up). I've yet to set up some automation, but I know that once I do, my job will get quite a bit easier!

Nachteile: I wish there were easier ways to configure some of the presets (like report outputs), and the ability to run audit reports in a more functional manner. Historical records would be great to have, if you want to use this fully as a system of record.

Programmer/DBA/Appication Specialist

Brady R.
Programmer
Architektur & Planung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's the standard by which most of the architecture world operates. Once put in place correctly with the right amount of resources it will remain stable. It covers all of our needs and continues to improve over time.

Nachteile: The primary product is still bound to the IE browser. For a large firm with lots of power users it requires a great deal of resources for it to work with any level of speed and reliability. There are many defects that are not corrected in new versions. It still looks boring and basic, very Windows 95.

This product has made invoicing and project tracking a breeze!

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Karen R.
Billing Manager
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoy working with this software. It has made a huge impact on efficiency in our office. I have recommended to others and will continue to do so!

Vorteile: The software is user friendly and reporting is on point. The Project Command Center makes getting information on a project easy.

Nachteile: We have contracts with multiple tasks. Each task under a contract has to be entered into the system as a project. Which is fine because we need to track each task but it would be nice if we could track the contract as a whole too.

Long time Ajera/Axium User

Bewertet am 7.8.2017
Terri W.
Treasurer/Corporate Secretary/Sr. Accountant
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software is becoming a little more layman friendly with widgets, etc. It is very helpful for project managers to be able to access their data easily.

Vorteile: The product is very robust and can be used from small firms to larger firms. Deltek purchased this software from Axium and appears to be improving the product vigorously.

Nachteile: The biggest con is the inability to split out closed jobs from the database. The database just continues to grow and grow and becomes a problem for server storage.

Have been using and implementing Deltek for nearly 20 years. I have extensive experience in using it. Overall is a solid solution but does not compete with modern ERP such as oracle EBS, SAP, Netsuite etc.

Michael K.
Senior Partner
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Don't dislike but feel there are better solutions out there.

Vorteile: Good for government and institutions including NPO as well as government contractors. Been around for decades and has a good useage base and good name with users. Customer support is fair but. It great.

Nachteile: Old, lacks modern UI and true SaaS model. Does not play nice with Salesforce. Built for 20 years ago, not for today. Customer service and support needs a major overhaul.

Deltek First GovCon - GCS and T&E modules

Bewertet am 7.8.2017
Jennifer L.
HR Coordinator

Kommentare: Administrator on the Deltek First GovCon - GCS and T&E modules for approximately 2 years. There was very little training or support offered. If you needed help you had to log into their customer service portal and submit a case - and of course you had to make sure you had enough cases available (i.e. you have to pay to have cases to use for support). Although I did get a few customer support agents who went above and beyond, the majority of the time the support was slow and they just directed me to printed training guides which were not easy to follow. The system is not user friendly at all, it takes several steps in different parts of the system to make sure things are done rather than having automatic work flows. The time sheet module worked well on the employee side however a lot of setup and maintenance was necessary on the back end. I would not recommend this product except as a last resort for government contractors, if you do purchase it, make sure to have them include extra training and support cases up front.

Vorteile: Timesheet system has good features and is easy to use on the employee side. Some of the customer service reps were great and went above and beyond for help.

Nachteile: Very little training or support offered and only through customer service portal case submission. Not user friendly on the admin side with no automatic work flows and a lot of extra steps for anything that needs to be done.

Maconomy User Review

Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Production Coordinator
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Maconomy is a great program for any medium to large size company that deals with a wide range on clients. From the employee side, on Maconomy you're able to track jobs, track invoices, submit expenses, and do time sheets all in one platform. It's great since you're able to access so many resources all in one program.

Nachteile: I find that the overall look and interface of the software is very outdated and could use a refresh. Another con is that often times the software crashes, making you loose your progress and having to restart again.

Relatively easy to use to get the job done.

Meghan M.
Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist
Philanthropie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like Deltek and have used it for years now It works well for what it is.

Vorteile: Great report compatibility. Looks rather self-explanatory making things easy to figure out without a lot of hassle. Really if you know what your doing this is a great system to use.

Nachteile: Feels a little out of date with the interface, but really its a good system and clean looking. It doesn't have a lot of flash and that's just right.

I use Deltek everyday for Time Management and for Project Billing.

Maggie F.
Design Assistant
Architektur & Planung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ability to assign hours from project work plans is a tremendous help in keeping our projects profitable.

Nachteile: Interface could be more user friendly. It isn't very intuitive. I feel like there are a lot of features that I don't know how to use simply because I don't know they are there.

Great Product & Vendor to work with

Bewertet am 26.10.2017
Kris B.
Accountant
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a back office user and administrator, I like the integrated solution. It means quicker invoicing process and tighter controls.

Nachteile: The upgrade process is very labor intensive. It does get easier with each upgrade now that we have Super users and better documentation.

I've been recommending Deltek for years!

Samantha K.
Controller

Vorteile: The customer support, ease of use for Government Contractor's as well as the affordability. I've been a user for almost 20 years off and on.

Nachteile: Some minor glitches, though I am a believer that no software is perfect so I've been using it at all the GC's.

Being self-taught, Vision and I have come a long way in 14 years!

Ali E.
Marketing Director
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The connectivity between modules and the fact that the interface doesn't change a lot (like other web-based platforms).

Nachteile: Not a good platform for sharing client intel, or prospecting pursuits. Had to go to another platform for those facets of the job.

Accounts Payable

Bewertet am 4.8.2017
Kim T.
Accounts Payable
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customer Services Support is very helpful.

Nachteile: Need to review for 1099 forms. I had a big problem when I tried to print 1099 forms for every year. I am hoping it's making easier for future use. I was unable to reconcile with checks printing & 1099 forms.

Deltek is a great feature rich, well supported software package

Justin H.
Controller
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very well run company with great products

Vorteile: MAconomy is a great project management software, it is easy to learn, it has great reporting capabilities

Nachteile: Deltek's products are not the cheapest software around but they are still a very good value prop and ROI

Ajera does everything we need!

Marsha C.
Admin Asst
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love this product

Vorteile: Our employees are required to put in their own time and expense on their computer or their smart phone

Nachteile: some of the customer service people are hard to understand. sometimes reaching customer service is difficult.