VERY Responsive Support for a Great Product

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
David K.

Kommentare: It's the most fully integrated software that allows me to manage all aspects of my business (less accounting). I love the integrated functions of; Calendar, Task Management, Project Management, Sales Opportunity Tracking, Data collection and analysis, robust Contact Management. These features, combined with the email integration piece, allows me to quickly turn an email into a; Task, Calendar event, note, idea, or just save to an associated project, opportunity, company or individual file. Daylite is an indispensable part of my day and essential to running and growing my business.

Vorteile: Daylite allows me to integrate all aspects of my day into two portals (email & Daylite). Daylite email integration, combined with (Calendar, Tasks, Team, Projects, Opportunities, Forms, et al) allows me to work inside one interface for all my needs. The email integration is my favorite piece. I can action any email for a thought, idea, task, appointment, note and numerous other uses, without having to copy/paste, forward or otherwise transfer information. Instead of managing multiple softwares (Outlook, Project, Sales Force, etc) I can follow pipelines, workflows, activity sets, and send merged mailings all from one portal, tracked to each person or company. I am a HUGE Fan.

Nachteile: The only functionality I could ask for is to integrate an email app into Daylite which would make the process complete. Other than that, Daylite Cloud has been indispensable to running my business, managing my team, and growing revenue.

von Marketcircle an 22.2.2018

Thank you David for your wonderful review of Daylite!

We're very happy to know that Daylite helps you run your business and your team, while growing your revenue!

Thank you for sharing David. :)

My Seasoned Love Affair With Daylite!

Bewertet am 3.2.2018
Barry D.
Freedom Leader; Master of Peaceful Governance

Kommentare: Phenomenal control over all my data, commitments, opportunities, and projects. I now excel at staying on top of my commitments. Fewer things on my mind due to Daylite's automation features. I manage both my business and family life with Daylite an integrated solution for information management.

Vorteile: When I realized my peace, sanity, and time were worth protecting and was fed up with complaining to my wife about a piece of garbage software I was currently using, I did not have a solution to replace it with. I had no knowledge about Marketcircle's Daylite. It wasn't until I threw the gauntlet down that there had to be something for the Mac that was serious for running my small business did I discover my new-found love. I have scars from using other programs. That’s how bloody it got, how costly. But for a precious fraction of the cost with Daylite, I have peace like a river flowing out of my personal and professional commitments. I am in control. Thank you, Marketcircle! This year marks my 11th anniversary with my new love, Daylite. She has been so good to me. She is flexible, customizable, expandable, able to take on new tasks and projects without fuss. It's been a peaceful 11 years since our new relationship began, and God forbid that I would do anything intentionally to harm that relationship. It wasn't long after being introduced to Daylite that her hidden capabilities came into view. The more time I spent with her, the more I became grateful for her creator. "You mean this company fosters feedback from the experience I am having with their prize creation? You mean I can have a hand in the engineering enhancements beyond what she is doing for me today? This is phenomenal!”

Nachteile: When I select an object and create "New Appointment" from that object, the title field for the Appointment should automatically be populated. Phone support, when needed, would upgrade Marketcircle on par with companies of excellence like Apple, Bluehost, and Cannon. There's always room for improvement in service to the customer.

von Marketcircle an 5.2.2018

Thank you Barry for your love for Daylite! :)

We are super happy that Daylite provided you peace and sanity in running your small business.

Happy 11th anniversary Barry!

Intuitive and immensely powerful

Bewertet am 4.5.2019
Gary S.
Consultant Commercial Manager
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Early days with my first project (client) but having hosted a team workshop day to document (flipcharts and post-it notes) the end to end sales process (headline Stages and the detailed tasks/deliverables within each stage), I’m now developing and fine tuning Pipelines for Opportunties and Projects (including a Lost opportunities Pipeline) to help streamline the processes to help the business deliver more efficiently and at higher volume. I can see Sales Assistant high on the agenda in due course ... but one step at a time for now!

Vorteile: Having worked in a large Uk Plc for over 30 years, I have seen many iterations of different CRM systems come and go, each one promising to be better than the last... unfortunately, many never delivering on the promise we were sold as front line users and eventually falling into disuse. Now self employed as a consultant, I have been introduced to Daylite for the first time working with a small business that wants to grow; it has the capacity with orders, but is constrained by internal expertise and resource. At every step of my learning so far with Daylite, I have not yet failed to be impressed with the immense power contained within Daylite to automate, support and streamline the sales management process. I am now working very closely with my first client SME to develop fuller use of Daylite in their business using Pipelines and Forms to enable improved productivity and therefore sales growth from the same resource (to begin with) and the intuitive operation of the system should make this very easy and rewarding on all fronts. The online video tutorials are excellent and willingness of the software team to support and answer queries, first rate.

Nachteile: Not a lot to be honest, but I’m still learning!

von Marketcircle an 23.5.2019

Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for this feedback! We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience so far.

Daylite really is packed with a lot of power and features and it's great to hear you're getting value out of this flexibility! We know how important having a streamlined sales process is so we love hearing you're already taking advantage of Pipelines!

Excellent workload management tool

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Dale M.
President and Creative Director

Kommentare: Daylite has contributed to the growth of our agency, allowing us to scale our systems, increase workload and manage execution with consistent quality and reliability. It's been essential to our success.

Vorteile: Daylite is a powerful piece of off-the-shelf software that helps us book and schedule projects, track new business opportunities, and manage workflow effortlessly in real-time, with full visibility for all team members.

Nachteile: Daylite didn't have the resource planning capabilities we needed, so we had to adopt a separate tool for that purpose.

von Marketcircle an 24.10.2019

Hi Dale,

What a wonderful review to read! We're so happy that Daylite has been helping you manage your workflow and workload in a reliable way.

Hearing that Daylite has been essential to your success is exactly what we aim to do - empower small businesses. We'd love to learn more about the kind of resource planning you're looking for, so you're always welcome to share your ideas/feedback with us at [email protected]!

Daylite is Badly Designed

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Pj M.
Graphic Designer
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Terrible

Vorteile: It doesn't seem to lose any data or break in a way that destroys the work that goes into it.

Nachteile: It is buggy, inconsistent, hard to use (and thus hard to teach to use), and, most of all, badly designed. It attempts to match a Mac app sort of feel by having things almost look and act like they do in a stock Mac app like Numbers, Preview, etc. But they fail in actually making it intuitive and useful. The most obvious example is the way it "pulls in" information from the left side of the window in a thing that I don't even know what to call, maybe it's a page? Anyway, these "pages" (for lack of a better word), stack and cover up everything below, and they are also temporary. This causes a few problems. First, you can't go back to the ones below without closing the ones on top, they go away and if you're trying to reference previous "pages" you keep having to go back and forth, sometimes between multiple layers of pages. It's extremely annoying and very unintuitive. There are plenty more examples of its design ineptitude, but I'll give 1 more: The way you edit the "pages" is to aim for a tiny little edit button on the very bottom of the sidebar. And your edits are not applied until you click "done" which appears in the same place. If you accidentally exit the "page", it loses all your edits. And it's waaaay too easy to accidentally exit a page. You should be able to open these "pages" in a new tab, or window, or anything else besides its current functionality.

von Marketcircle an 6.12.2018

Hi PJ,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry you haven't had a positive experience with Daylite - we want all of our customers to see the value in Daylite, so we take feedback like this seriously.

We're glad that you know your data and any work you put into Daylite was safe; that's really important to us!

We're always trying to improve Daylite, so your comments about our design and user interface are very helpful. We have several resources like webinars, one-on-one Customer Success calls, and our Help Centre to make sure you're getting everything you can out of Daylite.

We'd love to have you join a call with our Customer Success team and one of our developers to go through anymore feedback you'd like to share - you can reach us here if you're interested: [email protected] Thank you for helping us continue to constantly improve Daylite!

Powerful Business Development for the Entrepreneur

Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Founder and Principal
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This is a great tool for our time - it feeds and tracks all information about the all important customer into one location, allowing consistent and relevant information to be channeled to and from the prospect and customer. I love this CRM! The team of developers and customer support professionals are quick to respond, bright and friendly, and take my concerns (a sole practitioner) seriously every time. The ios Daylite app is just as powerful and new features, such as an integrated mail function, are being developed all the time.

Nachteile: I would want better integration with texting and calling from my iphone. Texting is now handled by a third party developer which doesn't meet the standards of function and ease of use set by Daylite developers.

von Marketcircle an 5.7.2019

Hi there,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so happy you're finding value in having everything in one place!

SMS functionality is definitely something we can look into when it comes to feature requests - we will pass this along to our development team for review!

All the Features I want and More

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Sara D.
Broker Associate
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Maintaining focus on every relationship and opportunity will take my business to a higher level.

Vorteile: The deeper I get into the Daylite app, the greater is my appreciation for the thought behind the functionality. I can easily filter my contacts in a way that allows me greater efficiency in my work. Details of contacts are displayed prominently for quick reference, without having to leave the list view. Integration with Apple Mail is absolutely brilliant. Apple Mail was not my primary mail app, but it is now. Creating a task, appointment or new contact from the Mail app saves time, but most importantly, the actual contacts don't slip through the cracks. I know with certainty I will make more money by using Daylite because I will build my relationships more thoroughly.

Nachteile: The interface isn't the most modern looking. I wish the font were larger, but I'm getting used to it. After finding out what Daylite does for me, it's worth it.

von Marketcircle an 22.4.2019

Hi Sara,

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! We know the value of having everything in one place and easily being able to find information so we're glad you are getting so much out of this! Emails are so important and helping our customers manage them is something we're really proud of.

We are definitely looking to update Daylite with improvements often so you are always welcome to let us know any feature requests you have for our developers to review. We love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers!

Powerful, intuitive CRM

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Khai F.
Creative Director
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: All-in-all we love Daylite, but we wish we could extend its functionality to more areas of our business.

Vorteile: Daylite leverages the power of the Mac OS to allow you to manage your data using Smart Lists and incredible searchability. It integrates with Mail to automatically import communications. It is easy and intuitive to use and works offline with sync for increased speed.

Nachteile: Daylite has limited functionality when it comes to quoting and invoicing as well as limited integrations.

von Marketcircle an 19.8.2019

Hi Khai,

Thank you for this feedback!

We love hearing that Daylite is intuitive and making a difference in your business!

We'd love to know more about what other kinds of integrations you're looking for or what would help you accomplish more with Daylite for the rest of your business! You're always welcome to reach out to us at [email protected] with any feature requests or ideas - and we can even suggest other options and workflows that may already be available!

We have used Daylite for 10 years

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: You can link emails directly from Mac Mail, simple-easy-and always there. The switch to Daylite cloud was seamless and zero problems thus far. 10 years+ and still appreciate the features and ease of use.

Nachteile: I wish changing appt's on the calendar had an option to confirm. Also the ability to create form letters from a project with multiple contacts but utilizing one address would be a huge time saver.

von Marketcircle an 11.4.2019

Hi there,

It's awesome to hear you had a seamless move to Daylite Cloud! We know how important emails are so knowing you get value out of Daylite Mail Assistant makes us very happy!

We love hearing feedback from our customers - if you have feature requests, you can always reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know - it'd be great to hear more about your appointment and letters idea. Our developers review all requests :)

Helps me on a daily basis keeping track of the practice.

Bewertet am 26.5.2019
Michael d.j. E.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall it has been positive. Years ago, the web-competitors were not easy to use with Mac devices, ahem - iOS, but Daylite, being a Mac native program, is pretty smooth

Vorteile: The fact that it is native to Mac and does not have the quirkiness with Windows.

Nachteile: Some staff members don't have a Mac offsite; so, it can be a little challenging (but not impossible) to keep them on task.

von Marketcircle an 10.6.2019

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this feedback! We want Daylite to help our customers stay on track and get more done so we're glad to see this is working for you!

We know the importance of a native Mac App for Apple lovers - and the ability to work offline is a plus! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Daylite is my Command Central

Bewertet am 28.6.2019
Michelle R.
Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am able to provide a variety of design services with different workflows to my clients. I use it to manage my solo business, so Daylite is my only "assistant", so with my pipelines and activity sets established, it tells me what to do and when to do it. I am vigilant about my Daylite meeting time, and it helps me establish the goals for the week in manageable bites. The more detailed I am in the set up of my pipelines, the more effective Daylite is in helping me manage projects. All the linking features make it easy to get a snapshot of my jobs including emails, tasks, goals, key players.

Vorteile: I love that I can use project management, task management, contact management and scheduling all in one. I also love the linking capabilities and its interface with my emails. I can go through email and assign every email to a project, task and determine a date to accomplish the task. I use the pipelines and activity sets to get better and better at my workflows. The longer I use and develop daylite to fit my work, the better I get at my job and my ability to replicate successful projects.

Nachteile: The downsides occurred in the beginning when I had to learn the platform and spend time setting it up. It took a while and several tries before it caught on. Once I learned it and a lot of the nuances, I got to a point where I am afraid I could not live with out it. I am sure there are features I don't use or know about, so I appreciate that Daylite support is proactive about training with the informative videos and support outreach. There have been some glitches here and there, but the customer support team has always helped work through those and get things on track.

von Marketcircle an 10.7.2019

Hi Michelle,

We're so glad to hear Daylite is making your life easier! Being able to link your emails and manage all of your projects with ease makes such a difference. Like most CRMs, we know Daylite does take some time to learn and it's great that our support team has been able to help you through the process!

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

Powerful and highly customisable multi-function app, but subscription prohibitive for non-commercial

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Minerals Engineer
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: 1. My primary contact list, especially for business associates and friends​ globally from my working life.
2. List of domestic service providers with all relevant data such as contact details, account numbers etc. I have created forms as records of vehicle and equipment maintenance. All these can be linked including receipts imported as pdfs.
3. Domestic and community project management where suppliers, venues, resources, tasks, schedules/pipelines and receipts are linked.

Vorteile: Almost infinitely customisable fields, keywords etc. for fast data search and smart lists.
A CRM database, with the added functions of project management and data forms.
Automatic copying of e-mails to companies and people​.
Ability to telephone from the app.
Ability to create templates and forms.
Linking of people, companies, tasks, correspondence​ and files such as receipts to a project, for example.
Not enough time to list all its amazing features!

Nachteile: Daylite is aimed at the corporate market. The switch to subscription service will sooner or later make it unaffordable for me as a retiree using Daylite for non-commercial personal and community projects. Marketcircle really should offer​ a lower cost version for personal use.
Because Daylite is so highly customisable, you need to have a very clear idea of what data you need and how you will use it before starting. However, once you have it set-up to your liking it is intuitive and simple with the aid of templates and forms etc.

von Marketcircle an 5.12.2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

It's great to hear you value how customizable Daylite is. We're proud that it's simple to use yet really adaptive!

If you'd like, we'd love for you to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can go over pricing with you and find the best option.

My staff loves it. Business intelligence is severely lacking.

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Jeremy R.
Portrait Artist
Bildende Kunst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I want to love Daylite. If the reporting were more robust, I would be THRILLED to stick with it. But without reporting and analysis, it is more like a glorified Contact Manager, Appointment Calendar and Task List--which is why my staff loves it. Unfortunately, I need business intelligence, and Daylite doesn't provide that.

Vorteile: It lives on the Mac desktop, like a "real" business application; not on a browser where it is too easy to get distracted. Awesome. It works on Mac. Excellent. It takes some forethought to get it set up, but once set up it is flexible enough to handle unique needs. I initially loved that. Activity Sets automatically create Meetings and Tasks based on date (but there are huge problems, noted below). Daylite does an excellent job of tracking individual events for each Person.

Nachteile: While Activity Sets do a good job of creating a series of upcoming Meetings and Tasks, Daylite has no idea that these "events" must exist in series. A meeting is a meeting is a meeting and a Task is a Task is a Task. This makes reporting next to impossible... Daylite cannot generate a report of how many People made it to one Meeting, but not to the next Meeting. It cannot tell me how many Phone Calls (each entered as a separate Task), for example, were made to a Lead before they came in for that first meeting. Daylite uses Categories to keep track of People. A Person might begin with a category of 'Lead', then change to a category of 'Client', then have category 'Completed'. (We actually had 5 primary categories, each with subcategories to help us understand each client) The problem is that there is no history. Reporting, again, is nearly impossible: Daylite can give raw counts: How many People were added in the last 7 days? How many Leads do we now have? Etc. But these reports are a snapshot of current data. Once a Person moves to the next Category, I can no longer get an accurate report of: How many new leads were added last week? What is our conversion ratio? How long did they exist as Leads? The Report Module is very limited. Custom Reporting is available but requires a 3rd party programmer. Piplelines proved too clunky.

von Marketcircle an 20.11.2018

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you being a long time Daylite customer and your detailed review. We have discussed your feedback and using it to consider how to improve Daylite.

Fabulous CRM for B2B B2C & Recurring

Bewertet am 16.3.2018
Alan M.

Kommentare: Already described

Vorteile: Daylite doesn't seem to differentiate between B2B or B2C. You can add appointments, tasks, notes, email, pipelines, etc to people, or businesses. You can add single tasks, activity sets (groups of tasks, appointments etc) or pipelines (stages with groups of tasks, appointments etc. within each stage). Whether you are managing a sales cycle or a project, data entry is minimal. I love that with one click, all our carefully considered steps can be applied to any situation, whether it's a sales cycle or the projects that result from a sale. Combinations are possible and I'm confident that no step is overlooked or omitted and they pop up at exactly the right time. Customization of the task list or pipeline task set is also possible "on the fly". Their service is unbelievable. I haven't had a lot of interaction with Daylite support over the 12 years I've been using Daylite, but the followup I recently received for questions I had offered service at a level to which I would like to become accustomed! I had support sending me emails some days later asking if everything was okay - not an automated survey question, but someone in support that actually cares! When do you ever get that level of service? A big thank you!

Nachteile: I don't use Opportunities for prospects since it's not possible to convert an Opportunity (and everything recorded & saved) to a Contact. I set up any prospect as a full contact then tag them with a category of Prospect. I then set up a smart list that displays all contacts that have a category of Prospects. Also, it would be great if PC users could access Daylite too. Not everyone on the team uses a Mac.

von Marketcircle an 19.3.2018

Thank you Alan for your wonderful review of Daylite.

We are excited to hear how you use Daylite so extensively to manage your business. It's great to hear how our customers use Daylite. May you continue to win more business and get more done!

Daylite supports me to work how I think, natively on my Apple devices, convenient+safe in the cloud

Bewertet am 29.8.2017
Michael W.
Agile Software Coach
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: * Contact and Calendar on steroids! Rich linking to capture the rich relationships that really exist in the real world.
* Project/task management
* Opportunity management for an extended job search. This could not have happened via a spreadsheet, contrary to job coach advice. A job search is too rich to be 2-dimensional.
* Native Apple look-and-feel, and UX.
* Tracking multiple opportunities in my job search pipeline.
* Integration to email. It just fits in the tools I use every day.

Vorteile: Rich linking -- My ADHD mind isn't deficient in attention - it makes rich connections. Daylite allows me to do that, too. If I think an association is important to capture, Daylite lets me do that. Many other CRM's force an association model on me. I like it that Daylite allows me to make the associations that make sense for me because it let's me later view different perspectives of those links -- everything (yes, everything) that's relevant to a person, an appointment, a note, an opportunity. If I think that's an important as it's top-of-mind, I capture that relationship for later use. Integrated with native Mail.app -- It's great to link mail to sales opportunities (and people, and tasks and appointment, and projects) all without leaving mail. Then, when I'm back in DL, all that mail shows up when it's relevant. I don't have to go searching through INBOX. Customer service -- World class. I wouldn't doubt if I were in the top 1% of customers requesting support. I've contacted them A LOT! I always get personal, courteous, expert responses. That's rare. I value that deeply. Apple first -- The interface does not make concessions to Windows look-and-feel or UX. Yeah! As an Apple-only user, that suits my thinking and muscle memory just fine! Underdogs -- I feel like I'm part of a movement -- an all-apple CRM that kicks butt for usability and productivity.

Nachteile: * Beyond-expert-level features and keybindings. Marketcircle is small, and doesn't (yet) have the customer base to get to the kinds of features that my power-user toolsmith mindset would want. For example, some actions require use of a mouse, and I'm a HUGE fan of keeping my fast fingers on the keyboard. That's a nit to pick, but it's the kind of detail that comes from a larger customer base. Missing - a browser-based (or API) interface -- There are some times that I just don't have my phone or MacBook with me. It would be nice to use any-old-browser. Ah... the tradeoffs for being tightly coupled to Apple-only devices (BTW... See "pros" for same issue).

von Marketcircle an 29.8.2017

Thank you Michael for your wonderful review!

Daylite has transformed the way we work, helped us to close more business and better manage projects

Bewertet am 14.6.2017
Tuey C.
Chief Creative Thinker, CMM
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Please read my survey results that I just submitted as it answers this question in depth.

Vorteile: Daylite is robust but not overly complicated. The customization aspect is excellent. Our team loves using it for a myriad of reasons including - customization of reports, the plugins from IOSxpert - they are fantastic(!), the mobile version on iphone is completely wired in an user friendly, the new team-view features are superb as we are all able to help deliver on tasks and projects when it counts, the user interface is very clean and organized, the calendar integration with iCal and Google is excellent, the smart lists for projects and opportunities are totally functional and help speed up large scale project accessability while connecting team members...and the list goes on. I particularly like the option of dragging up the most pressing opportunities and project to the top tool bar and having them right at my fingertips. We also integrate Merlin Project into the larger projects and it's compatibility is excellent. There is a bit of learning curve but once our team took the time to dig in and get under the hood of the cross functionality, it only made our project management easier. In fact, I would say that through Daylite, we have come to sell our project management skills and realize this vertical as a profit center for our small company. Honestly, Daylite is a game-changer. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and we look forward to continued roll-outs and developments.

Nachteile: Need to continue improving Apple mail to Daylite and it would be great to have a slack-like messaging component. Probably the biggest 'want' is the ability to output to word and excel in some capacity. Daylite will output to excel in a very limited fashion - it works, but it could be smoother. I realize that this 'ask' would probably require licensing from Microsoft in some capacity and it may be cost prohibitive. Otherwise, Daylite is a fantastic platform for Apple shops. We have been using it since 2012.

von Marketcircle an 14.6.2017

Thank you so much Tuey for your love of Daylite. We will pass your feedback to our Design and Development team.

Best Mac CRM available

Bewertet am 23.12.2016
Jason G.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My use case: small consulting firm that has been in business for 3 years. We use Daylite for customer relationship management, project & task management, calendar/resource management, as an applicant tracking system for our executive recruitment line of business, opportunity tracking, correspondence, etc. Prior to using Daylite, we ran the Salesforce platform and if you are willing to commit to the Apple/Mac ecosystem, Daylite is simply so much better than anything else that we have tried for the variety of tasks above. Not only was our previous solution almost 3x the cost, it was much more difficult to use, to customize, and to generate employee buy-in to actually use the system. Because this is a Mac-only product, it integrates extremely well and any Mac user will find it very intuitive. The data is in the cloud, but the application sits on my machine. This allows for the excellent reliability and off-line usability of a desktop application with the security, standardization, and data-recovery benefits of the cloud. Obviously, because it is Mac-only, I can't get a seat for one of my partners/contractors unless either they or I am willing to invest to get them into the Apple ecosystem. Not a problem internally for my company, but it is a limitation that can best be described as the blessing and curse of Daylite. I am certain that if it was a web-based or cross-platform software, it would not integrate as tightly and there would be more performance issues. Its not something that I consider a fatal flaw as I am fully invested in the Apple ecosystem, but is a limitation for scalability. In the few instances where I have had a support issue come up, I'd place MarketCircle's support team right at the top of software support teams that I have ever dealt with. They spend the time necessary to understand the problem, find the solution, and communicate fully and quickly. What more can you ask for? If you are looking for a small/medium-sized business CRM that (for my use case) far exceeds the usability and functionality of Salesforce at a fraction of the cost, and you are committed the the Apple ecosystem, I cannot recommend Daylite highly enough.

Vorteile: It is tightly integrated with Apple hardware and software, so it just works the way that you need and expect it to. This is a truly full-featured CRM/project management system/opportunity tracking system that is capable of the configurations, customizations, and integrations of systems that cost 3-4 times as much.

Nachteile: The blessing and the curse is that it is Mac-only. That makes it able to work as well as you'd expect a native Mac app to work, but it obviously limits your hardware choice and eliminates the possibility of sharing the CRM cross-platform. The performance and stability gains are well worth it in my opinion, but it is nonetheless a limitation.

von Marketcircle an 28.12.2016

Thank you so much for your review, Jason :)

The best project management app I have been able to find. I don't think another, as good, exists.

Bewertet am 14.8.2017
Elaine T.
Production Consultant
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Without this software it would be a great deal harder to control each of the projects I work on. Every project has a different client base and different suppliers, all of whom can be input into the system. It's the control over information that gives peace of mind.

Vorteile: Daylite makes it very easy to track every project on my desk. I am a one woman company, working on a number of projects at any one given time and it could so easily be chaos without Daylite. Being able to view emails and documents within projects, as well as the ability to add notes is essential. Since I moved to a Cloud account it has been even better. Very reliable and easy to keep up to date while on the move. There is a lot that is customisable of which I only use a small amount, however that may change as I make use of the tutorials available. The calendar syncs across with ease and the 'Home' page is an essential tool, giving a clear view of the days appointments and tasks. Much of the software is customisable.

Nachteile: I am always seeking ways to work 'smarter' and thus save time. I would love it if there was a little more functionality so that I could input information on the Project page that would automatically populate a custom sheet in, say, reports. That would save me a huge amount of time. Being able to see the status of all projects and project history on one page would certainly be helpful to me.

von Marketcircle an 14.8.2017

Thank you Elaine for your review. I will email you for there is a way to see all your projects in one view.

The perfect Mac CRM program.

Bewertet am 11.8.2018
James D.

Kommentare: While I am glad to see a Mac-compatible product, I really wish that it was available for PC users. As someone who uses a Mac for a laptop and a PC as a desktop, it can get a little annoying to have to bring out my Mac to use it. I have seen a lot of people complain that you cannot use Daylite with other email clients, I know you can use Gmail with Mail. I have not tried connecting my Gmail with Mail, but I would imagine that once you have it connected, Daylite will work with those as well.

Vorteile: Well, the best part of Daylite is its integration with my Mac’s Mail app. There are a lot of products that leave out Mac users, but Daylite works perfectly with my High Sierra machine. I love that I can create a calendar entry for things that I have to do that are mentioned in my emails. The ability to track future sales helps us keep up to date on how we are meeting our company’s goals. Not only is it very easy to use, but it also has a mobile app that syncs with the program.

Nachteile: The price has to be the biggest con for me. It is rather steep when compared to other CRM programs, especially when you start to add users. While I am personally glad that there is finally a Mac CRM program, as someone who also uses a PC, I find that it’s a little frustrating to have to pull out my Macbook every time that I needed to use the program. I would also like to see an option for more storage, especially for the cost of the program.

I use Daylite for privat use and it helps me a lot to handle my privat office stuff

Bewertet am 16.6.2018
Christian S.
AppleCare Support Advisor
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Self organisation

Vorteile: Best fetaures: - Apple Mail Integration
- Cloud Service / App syncing
- The possibility to link everything with everything
Daylite is a great program to collect documents, correspondence and all information about daily office stuff. The timeline helps me a lot to organice my self and supports me a lot to find old documents and correspondence.
The biggest benefit is the App to access the informations from everywhere.
The worklist is a big feature for my daily task management and helps me to not forget important stuff.

Nachteile: The update mentality is a shame. No worries, but in my feeling Marketcirle is very slow in development. The calendar is a mess. Without the integration in Apple calendar the Daylite calendar would not usable for me. The task and project management is okay but had lots off oppertunitys to become better. Tools like Thinks or Omnifocus are much better than Daylite. The document management could be either more functional and should more functions provide to organice. The iPhone / iPad app stands still in development. You should integrate more functions from the desktop version for example like Groups. The design from all Applications are very old school and need a refresh.

von Marketcircle an 22.6.2018

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that Daylite helps keep you organized, manage the day to day and helps you not forget what is important for your business. We are working to speed up the development process and seeing real results!

Daylite in a law practice

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Christian J.
Attorney at law
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I run a law practice. I don't know how I would be able to maintain an overview of my clients and projects and dead-lines without Daylite. The software never caused problems, save for errors on my own part. It's greatly appreciated.

Vorteile: I appreciate the fact that a template for the database came pre-installed and that it was easily modified to suit my needs in terms for categories of contacts and projects/objects. The e-mail integration is important to me as mails are generally attached to the relevant contacts/projects. The integration of pages and numbers templates provides for a smooth process of drafting letters, contracts, income sheets etc. The task system of setting dates to keep me alert on dead-lines is crucial as I do a law practice and dead-lines are an integral part of my couselling.

Nachteile: I was worried about transferring to the cloud as I couldn't get an authoritative answer from my association as to whether I was really allowed to store sensitive client data this way. Consensus now seems to prevail that this is OK, though.

von Marketcircle an 4.3.2019

Hi Christian,

Thanks so much for your feedback!

It's great to hear tasks are keeping your on track and our options for integration are making things run smoothly.

We know how important deadlines are and we're really happy we're helping you get things done!

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments - thank you again!

Perfect for a small team

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Jörgen O.
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DayLite helps me and my team stay on top of our daily issues in a way that is better than any tool I have seen or used.

Vorteile: I have been using DayLite since version 1.x, so you can say that I'm a happy camper. DayLite is so featured rich that there is always a way to solve what you need. The features I make most use of is :
• Task Management where it is fantastic to be able to delegate tasks as well as having full control over what to do and when.
• Mail integration that makes it easy to store mail that are connected to Opportunities or tasks.
• Calendar integration that helps me see who I met where and when.
• Opportunity Management that helps me stay on top of deals and quotas.
• Last but not least - I'm always in sync, I have a local copy of the database no need to be connected to the Internet at all times.
...and much more.

Nachteile: The possibilities with all features is also a potential risk that you lose your self in the software - so I think it is a good idea to make use of any of the professional consultants that are part of the network. When I started with DayLite I was on my own and I could probably have reached my goals a lot faster with some help.
I also really miss that I can not handle multiple currencies without having to buy an expensive add-on.

The BEST CRM program for a Mac user!

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Brian N.
Territory Manager

Vorteile: I have used Daylite for the past five years switching from another PC CRM program for the previous ten years. I love the fact that I do not have to be online to use Daylite, it resides on my MacBook and can sync with the cloud when I want to. I recently switched from "standalone" to "cloud" and converted on a Sunday. After having some questions, I received AMAZING technical help on a Sunday afternoon that made the transition VERY easy. This program works VERY well and is worth the investment. Having all my data in one program that integrates with other programs has been fantastic. With DMA, this allows me to record incoming emails into the contact that sends them. This has proven to be a valuable feature of Daylite. Lastly, their customer service is top notch. If you send a question, expect an answer or resolution very quickly. They earn five stars for this.

Nachteile: I would like more features (plugins) available with the program that I do not have to purchase from a third party vendor. Other than that, this program is perfect.

von Marketcircle an 8.3.2018

Thank you Brian for your review! :)

We're happy to hear that you find Daylite to be the best CRM program to run your business. May you continue to win more business, and get more done with Daylite!

I've been using Daylite for 7 years and can't imagine being a transaction coordinator without it!

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Leeanne H.
Transaction Coordinator/Assistant
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The biggest benefit for me is that I juggle 10-20 transactions at a time and I don't have to keep a million details in my head. It also provides a place for my brokers to look when they have questions about a transaction, current or past.

Vorteile: I work on a team, coordinating transactions for 4 brokers as well as assisting with various projects ranging from social media content creation to client events. Daylite offers one place to hold details and to track tasks. Transactions are Opportunities and everything else is a Project. Attaching emails is easy and super useful. Contacts we use over and over again only have to be entered once. No one on my team has to keep a million details in their head so it helps us all stay on the same page. Now that we have switched to the cloud its faster, more reliable, and I've been able to install it at home so working remotely is seamless.

Nachteile: Daylite mail assistant for iphone/ipad has been needed for years. Also really wish I could copy and paste multiple fields from people or company records.

von Marketcircle an 26.3.2018

Thank you LeeAnne for your review of Daylite. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Daylite even more on Cloud.

Thank you for your feedback, I will submit your request over to our Design and Development Team.

May your team continue to win more business and get more done!

I look at Daylite as being my electronic office manager. Keeps me on track, and organized.

Bewertet am 13.9.2017
Chris D.
Photographer/owner
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Helps keep my business activities, new biz, existing clients, projects' coordination, and link to billings on track, helping to reduce the stress of running my business.

Vorteile: As a sole proprietor, I needed a package that would keep me on track, and organized throughout all aspects of running my business. When used religiously, Daylite reduces the stress of being a business owner, allowing me to concentrate on being a creative professional. I am just beginning to use Daylite to organize my new business efforts, and am confident that it's keen organizational features will help grow my business. Now cloud based, I have access to my synchronized Daylite data across all platforms, IOS & Mac, from anywhere I have an internet connection.

Nachteile: Fairly steep learning curve that is worth the initial pain. The user MUST be dilligent in entering all pertinent data related to a project, prospect, lead, opportunity et.al. Enter the pertinent data immediately into Daylite and you will be rewarded with a secure, and concise database of information structured to keep the business owner on track. BUT, you must take the initial efforts to enter pertinent data. So, it is a con, but work thru that initial pain and it will be rewarded.

von Marketcircle an 13.9.2017

Thank you very much Chris for your review!