4,1 /5
    4,1 /5
    3,9 /5

Über Paychex Flex

Verwalte die Online- oder Inhouse-Gehaltsabrechnung und spare bei der Zeiterfassung, Berichterstattung und Gehaltsabrechnungen.

Erfahre mehr über Paychex Flex

Zeigt 1.056 Bewertungen

James D.
Founder, President
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2019

"Better than the competition, and it's secure"

Kommentare: This system was preferred before switching to ADP, however their cost at the time resulted in us switching to ADP

Vorteile: I like the fact they require two factor authentication. Their customer service used to be good and is still decent compared to ADP. Their system can be fully customized for reports and coding purposes. Their reporting is much better than ADP

Nachteile: Their support has gone down hill in the last year in addition to their pricing is about 20% higher than ADP on most items. Lacks an employee portal standard on all plans

• Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Eric S.
HR Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2019

"Everything we need and more"

Kommentare: Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Vorteile: I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Nachteile: The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Rebecca S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.1.2021

"Amazing Customer Service & Affordable"

Kommentare: Highly recommended company! Easy to work with and very affordable for a small business owner.

Vorteile: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an amazing sales representative who also manages my account. He is unbelievable in his response time and ease to work with. The payroll management is very affordable.

Nachteile: I had a few glitches with miscommunication with someone servicing my account but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there to instantly rectify the mistake.

• Bewertet am 5.1.2021
Adam J.
Campus Support Team Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"Unfortunately, the UI is awful and has a steep learning curve"

Kommentare: Pretty bad if I'm being honest. If we were to pick software again, we would pick someone else.

Vorteile: The customer service is helpful, although I wish I didn't have to call them as much as I do.

Nachteile: It's surprising to me that this company is a big competitor in this space. I think their software is extremely difficult to learn how to use and graphically looks like it was made in Windows 95. I use the administrative side mostly and have people coming to me all the time with questions because it's not easy or intuitive enough to learn on your own. Software should be created and designed so that it's easy enough for people to pick up and start using immediately. PayChex Flex is not one of those softwares.

• Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Anthony A.
Payroll Manager
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2020

"Better than ADP"

Kommentare: Overall the implementation is the easiest I have ever experienced and you get quality software and service.

Vorteile: I love service you get a full time service representative assigned to you which ADP does no have. And I love that personal service.

Nachteile: The basic reporting could be better. You have to pay for custom reports which some reports should be standard.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2020
Kanwal R.
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"Great product"

Kommentare: Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Vorteile: We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Nachteile: This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Elisa B.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2020

"Paychex Flex for Small Business"

Kommentare: My overall experience with the software has been positive. I can run payroll very quickly and everything comes back in a digital format for me to save, upload, or print for my records. They also have amazing customer service which they make personal and memorable.

Vorteile: The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. There isn't anything hidden or difficult to figure out. Users can easily manipulate the software without guidance because everything is clear and concise.

Nachteile: I have not found anything about the software that was challenging or difficult to figure out, so far, the platform is everything a small business needs to get started with payroll.

• Bewertet am 30.9.2020
Tiffany C.
Hospital Administrator
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.12.2020

"Just because it is a big company doesn't mean it is a good one!"

Kommentare: Overall, what we were sold on wasn't what we received. We also had some tax issues that they were unhelpful at resolving. The software needs work and should be connected in a way that lessens the work on the end-user instead of putting more work on them. This company stressed me out!

Vorteile: The sales team that helped us transition to Paychex was great. Processing payroll was easy, the reports we gathered were adequate, and they had the features that we wanted in an HR and Payroll Platform.

Nachteile: When we went to set up some of the HR functions they were links to another system. You would then have to re-enter team member information that was already in the system. The systems were hyperlinked together and two different platforms. This made for a lot of duplicate entries and a huge time waste. If I had more than 50+ team members it would have been a pain to setup.

• Bewertet am 28.12.2020
Anang M.
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.10.2020

"Paychex Needs work"

Kommentare: One and Done (Actually 2 and Done as I gave them another chance to fix things)

Vorteile: Sales Team was good and responsive mostly when issues occurred (almost every payroll we had issues as well as with the Recruitment module)

Nachteile: Over promised and under delivered. Recruitment and on-boarding never worked and we paid extra for this. The sales team rushed paper employee handbooks and manually entered our new hires as the self-service module did not work

• Bewertet am 6.10.2020
David O.
General Manager
Medizinische Geräte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2021

"It Does the Job but at a Costly Rate"

Kommentare: I would not recommend Paychex as there must be better alternatives on the market. Their customer service is not great whether you are dealing with sales or a support department.

Vorteile: Paychex Flex is successful at providing a relatively smooth HR portal which includes time and attendance, payroll, retirement services (401K) and more general HR features.

Nachteile: The issue with Paychex is less about the product and more about their company. Paychex's convoluted billing is difficult for customers to understand and pricing can change quickly and erratically.

• Bewertet am 13.1.2021
Erin S.
Manager of Strategic Partnerships
Philanthropie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.10.2017

"Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind"

Kommentare: Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Vorteile: It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions. Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Nachteile: I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately. I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

• Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Peter S.
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2017

"Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right"

Kommentare: Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Vorteile: Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Nachteile: One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want? Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Candace E.
Google CS First Instructor
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2018

"Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!"

Kommentare: The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Vorteile: Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Nachteile: Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Devon D.
Architect
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.5.2020

"PayChex Flex is not that flexible."

Kommentare: Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

Vorteile: When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Nachteile: Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

• Bewertet am 28.5.2020
Amy S.
Verbraucherdienste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2018

"Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need."

Vorteile: Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me. The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks. What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Nachteile: The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails. The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear. Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2018