An amazing platform to track your ideas

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Nikhita K.
Production Engineer
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use quip to track our updates, design documents etc and it has proven to be a really powerful platform for the same.

Vorteile: 1. I love quip as its the only good version controlled platform for taking notes that I have found in my industry experience of over 5 years.
2. Its easy to create public/private versions. I could easily create documents that are public (i.e. outside the firm) and private to me.
3. It is so easy to mark your favorite folders and share it across teams.
4. Its fast. I have found Google Docs to be a bit slower than quip.
5. You could easily import the content into a wiki or a word document with all the formatting intact.
6. You can create an excel sheet (or multiple sheets) in quip itself.
7. Onboarding and gettting used to the platform is really easy.

Nachteile: 1. It behaves odd when creating tables and adding pictures (like indentation sometimes screws up).
2. If you are looking for a platform to create animated documents, quip might not be your friend. It supports basic data representation objects like tables, pictures, worksheets but if you want audio etc, you want to goto powerpoint.

Quip's An Alternative to Google Docs and Slack

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I tested Quip as part of a team effort to find a collaborative tool that we could incorporate across the board. Over the 6 month period that I tested it, I found that while it was functional for the most part as a lot of things, it failed in key areas that we would need it to work including handling large spreadsheets, edit history and connectivity issues. However the price and slow functionality when it comes to bigger documents/spreadsheets leaves much to be desired and as such, it may not be ideal for anyone but bigger organizations that want to cut off multiple communication channels and document tools. Overall Quip is a good alternative to Slack & Google Apps. However it leaves some things to be desired in the looks and function department.

Vorteile: Quip is a great collaboration tool that is something similar to Slack, Google Docs and Google Sheets all wrapped up into one. My favorite feature is the collaboration tool which allows you to edit documents and discuss them in real time with other users. You can send messages to other users and Quip has a nice way of letting you know whether a user is online or offline. The messages can be sent to individuals and within a group chat setting. When commenting on spreadsheets, you can annotate cell by cell which is something helpful especially if you are reviewing spreadsheets with a lot of information. File management is a charm. You can easily upload shared documents to folders and limit who can see the documents as well as who can edit/view the documents. One gripe about collaboration apps that I have had in the past is the amount of notifications you get if you have multiple people working on documents/projects etc. Quip solves this by giving you the option to prioritize the notifications you want to this. You can also @ specific people which makes communication easier. Similar to Slack, there is an option to notify everyone with an @everyone option to send messages to a whole team. Quip integrates well with Salesforce, so if you are using Salesforce, this is a good option.

Nachteile: If you want to test Quip before deciding, you may not like the requirement for a work email.
You need constant internet connectivity to make Quip work, if you find yourself in a place where there is no internet, you may be out of luck to use Quip.
While Quip is good for communication, editing and collaborating on big spreadsheets slows the app down and you can find it slows down performance. You are better doing light to medium size documents/spreadsheets. When collaborating documents, versioning and edit history are important. It gets hard to revert to an older copy of a document and it can create some confusion if there are a lot of people looking at the same document.

Quiptastic!

Bewertet am 12.1.2020
Christene J.
Customer service
Logistik & Lieferkette, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I love it, and will be using it for personal use. We use it at work, and it's become essential for day to day tasks. I love the communication features!

Vorteile: Once you figure out how to use quip, it's an awesome tool. It's easy to organize and essential to my day to day job. I'm going to be installing it on my personal computer for use as well.

Nachteile: It takes a bit to learn. The tutorials are helpful, but they dont cover everything. It takes a while to learn all the available functions. And it would be nice to have more font features.

Quip Review

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Nataliia K.
Product & Operations Manager

Kommentare: It's a great tool to keep all the documents organized, structured and collaborate on any of the docs with the team. I think our team became so much more productive after we started using it.

Vorteile: I love seeing how organized and most importantly easy to maintain all the docs in the company and departments. I think this is what makes Quip different: it's often easy to start using some service that meets the same purpose but it becomes a mess in a few months. Absolutely happy how it worked for our company with Quip. It was also a big help to find everything I needed when I joined the company.

Nachteile: I would love Spreadsheets which you can create in Quip to have more functionality, sometimes I need to use other tools and just link to them since I can't achieve the same with the Spreadsheets in Quip.

Frustrating and restrictive software

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Jessie B.
Website Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: Overall, my experience is meh. I have to use it because my team does, but I wish I didn't have to. And enough so that I'd totally risk rocking the boat to get them to transfer to something better.

Vorteile: Not a whole lot, but I suppose there are a couple of unique features, compared to document creators (i.e. Google Docs) or project/work management software (i.e. Trello) that are nice. Like, being able to insert a Kanban board inside a doc isn't something I've seen elsewhere. But really, these are all just small things that are kind of cool, but don't add to the overall usefulness of this software. Kind of nice that you can create a document and a spreadsheet in one place... but that's not all that unique to Quip.

Nachteile: At my last job, I used a combination of Google Docs and Asana to manage projects and LOVED it. Quip is frustrating because it's really clunky and restrictive. For example, I want to be able to assign cards in an Kanban board to other people, like you would in Asana or Trello. It lacks the collaborative project management features it needs to make it a successful project management tool. But it also sucks at being a document creator. It's definitely better as a document creator than a project management tool, but even then there are some essential features (i.e. editing and suggesting mode) that I had in Google Docs and were essential to my job as a writer/editor. I mean, what, you expect me to highlight a sentence and comment on it to suggest to another writer that she swaps out one word? That's a waste of time.

Great Collaboration Tool - With Room to Improve

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Computer Science Student
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quip is relatively new. So they keep adding new features. The spreadsheet feature could absolutely benefit from some Excel functionalities. The coding part could have auto-indentation, because it can get frustrating quickly.

Vorteile: The UI is very simple and navigable.
I love that you can have a chat room, private and group chats. Tagging someone and for sending a notification (either in document or in chat) is a very fast tool for communication.
I love the checklist and Kanban features for planning.
There is an updates page that shows you all the updated documents.

Nachteile: Sometimes, my document doesn't get updated even though a collaborator has made a change. Then, I need to update the page.
When reorganizing a folder, the UI gets updated each time you drag an item in the middle and other items get shifted. This process is slow.

All in one platform to manage the entire documents and other tools in a single platform

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Ebin E.
Founder & CEO
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have increased the productivity of our employees and thus our core goal of high productivity is achieved.

Vorteile: We really like Quip the way it is built as the platform itself acts as a source to maintiain all the tools like docs, chat etc. in this single app itself. Quip is the best way to manage all the different tabs under one window. The major hike is with the single window system where all the needed plugins are added and can be managed. Quip is the one and only platform to simplify the user burden of maintaining multiple apps and multiple windows.

Nachteile: The UI is very hard to understand at the first time and for newcomers.

Best collaboration software i've used!

Bewertet am 5.5.2019
Justin H.
Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Quip makes it incredibly easy to collaborate with others on shared document writing. I work with a number of people who may not easily adopt new software, and Quip's simple and familiar interface allow them to begin working quickly and without fear. I lead teams of 15+ people working on the same projects, and can easily monitor progress and who is editing what!

Nachteile: I have very few cons for Quip - most of which would be a desire to see more features, although this would likely come with the trade off that it would become more complex. No real complaints for me.

decent document collaboration and management tool

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Robert H.
software test engineer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to manage multiple projects and team documents and have an easy way to share and control this info.

Vorteile: it allows you to share team documents with multiple people editing them in real time. It tracks changes as well as who made them. You can organize the documents in a way that make sense for your team. You can access via a web browser or the standalone app.

Nachteile: The interface is a little clunky sometimes. Also double clicking on folders which is the natural behavior ends up passing the second click onto whatever is directly under the folder.

Feature-rich tool for managing and storing files

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Senior Project Manager
Informationsdienst, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So many features, I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. Our company rollout wasn't the best either, some team members started using it, now the rest of us are using it, but not entirely sure why/what for!

Vorteile: Just getting started - lots of different options and organization methods available when using Quip - it makes sharing and collaborating with colleagues simple.

Nachteile: Just getting to know it better, really - I don't like how hard you have to hunt to insert bullet points - why isn't there a more standardized tool bar for formatting? Perhaps this is just the learning curve, and there is a way to make it more accessible!

Easy to use, great for collaborating, aimed at younger professionals

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Tracy D.
Marketing Manager
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with Salesforce

Vorteile: It's super easy to start using and is great for shared documents where you need to have multiple people providing input and updates. I like that two people can be simultaneously working on a document without a problem.

Nachteile: My annoyances with this software stem from the features - what is there and what is not there. One of my biggest gripes is that Quip believes it is "distracting and not necessary" (their words) to have the option of changing the color of the text. I disagree. As a business professional for the past 25 years, I can tell you there are instances where you need to color code text. I recently had a huge, very collaborative project that I wanted to base out of Quip and THE ONLY REASON I couldn't use Quip was because it had to be color coded and Quip doesn't do that. I've tried appealing to them but so far, no luck. Yet, one apparently "necessary" feature is that you can add an emoji or animated meme to your comments within a document. Really? And that is more important for business communications? I'm guessing this software is being created by a bunch of millennials. I don't begrudge millenials or the "fun" elements that are included, but give me the useful business functionality we have all become accustomed to over the past couple of decades if you truly want to compete for our word processing and spreadsheet needs.

Best docu-sharing tool for a team

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Lisa B.

Kommentare: I would highly recommend Quip to any team needing to collaborate on a lot of documents. It keeps us extremely organized, we love the workflow features, and communication tools. We have tried using Google Drive in the past and have STRUGGLED with the shotty navigation and lack of tagging/communication options. Quip is exponentially better than any other docu-sharing tool we've used!

Vorteile: Simple user interface and easy to onboard my employees. Quip keeps us very organized and is great for tagging each other in comments and collaborating in single documents. They have a number of workflow features that we've used several times to help manage project timelines, etc. I also love that I can share links to documents so clients can pop in and review without having to be added as a full user. We've reached out to customer support several times, especially during the onboarding process, and they have always been extremely helpful.

Nachteile: Notifications are a little overwhelming and difficult to manage. Very rarely we've had issues with pages not updating or saving, especially when there is a lot of text that has been copy/pasted.

Good Wiki Alternative

Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Programmer
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like Quip. Having used Confluence and various Wikis, I think this is about as good as it gets. There's room for improvement for sure, but 90% of the time it does what I want and I'm able to communicate what I want to colleagues.

Vorteile: - Good for documentation
- It creates links to any part of the document for easy referencing
- The WYSIWYG editor works pretty well
- The keyboard shortcuts are good
- Embedded spreadsheets are neat (though I don't find I use them that often)
- Comment functionality really neat, including the ability to "resolve" comments.
- Edit History works well

Nachteile: - I really hate how embedded images work. It's bordering on impossible to make it look how you want and you'll have to compromise on it looking sort of crappy
- The search could use some help
- The auto numbered or unordered list stuff is annoying as hell and takes some finagling to get around. If you have a "1." then an image, if you type "2." it'll change it into "1." because it thinks you're starting a new numbered list because of the image. Really annoying.
- When I look at the Recently Updated list and click "Mark All As Read" why don't all of them become unread? This annoys me more than it should, but why don't they all get makred Read?!

Powerful collaboration tool

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Neeraj H.
Data Analytics Professional
Unternehmensberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Productivity, Collaboration, Central repository.

Vorteile: I use quip mainly to organize my work and collaborate with my team members in documenting feature requirements. Product feature requirements are dynamic - in that, they change often. The ability to have one central location from where all of us can access it makes this a huge time saver for all. It also prevents unnecessary emails as users can chat / comment directly on quip. It also has the ability to create private folders which I use to store work in progress ideas and the ability to restrict access to some files / folders to specific people.

Nachteile: Quip requires the internet and often I forget that I have to be connected to save changes. Although it has the ability to add spreadsheets, I don't use it much. Also, have noticed when I copy paste code into code-blocks, the pasted content does not fit within the default page-width, but creates a horizontal scroll-bar within the code-block. It's a bit of an irritant to correct that every time.

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Investigator II
Pharmazeutika, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

Vorteile: So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Nachteile: Logic of files arrangement a bit confusing. If you are coming from traditional file system. You may need sometime to get used to it. Moving files around is not that easy, especially if you want to manage multiple files at the same time. It used to be annoying that recent editing panel shows up every time you open the application. Recent updates fix this problem.

Quip is my one app to create, organize, and collaborate in almost all kinds of documents.

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Jeffry T.
Contributing Writer

Vorteile: It's very easy to collaborate on a document. You just add people to it. All the changes are logged so you can see all the things that happen to your document. You can also create all kinds of documents on Quip, from the everyday text document and spreadsheet to the specific kanban board and project tracker (with a little help from Live apps).

Nachteile: The app lacks the ability to add tags - which will be very helpful to further organize the documents. It also doesn't hurt to add the font-customization feature so that users can set the look and feel of the working environment to their liking.

Quit passing email and documents around!

Bewertet am 18.8.2016
Michael H.
Head Coach
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have a small staff who needs to work together at various times, and usually not in person. We've tried a handful of options (dreaded e-mail chains, Google drive, slack, OneNote, Trello), with varying degrees of success. But when you get right down to it, the majority of our conversations where revolving around documents. With Quip, that is exactly how this is designed. It is a live document centered experience with the ability to comment, discuss, and update to drive to agreed upon results. Other packages we would lose our chain of conversation, or a struggle to find the agenda, spreadsheet, plan. Here, these two elements tie together in one spot. End result for me? Instead of feeling like I was beating on people to keep moving, and often their secretary to help them find what I was talking about, now we work together with faster results and a whole lot less fuss and muss.

Vorteile: VERY intuitive interface. My staff is resistant to change, and they picked up on this software immediately. Looks good on the web, great on my desktop, and awesome on my phone! Customer support is astounding. Hit the chat window and someone is there immediately.

Nachteile: Very minor detail here - more of a feature enhancement request. It would be great to tie in some sort of task management, e.g. something with due dates that alert you.

Great way to collaborate

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Joby I.

Vorteile: Very easy document creation that live updates to all users as you create them. No more messing around uploading and downloading documents.
Documents have lots of options like spreadsheets tables charts, images and other apps that can be inserted into any doc. You can also manage folders and share them with specific groups of people, so you might have a folder for employees which has all your procedures on it and a separate knowledge base for customers.
For free its hard to find a better product

Nachteile: I would like to see the ability to copy documents between different quip accounts. I'd also like to see direct connections to excel of numbers, to give some more power to some of the features

Good for smaller groups.

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Tutor
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how Quip allows you to create both shared and private documents. The language feature is really great (i.e. it is completely functional in Spanish). The folder system is really helpful and is easy to be organized, even with different groups. You can comment on the documents, tag people, and even comment on photos. All changes are tracked.

Nachteile: Once we got to be a much bigger group, it became less functional because you cannot directly access Google Suite with it. We needed to expand more, and Quip didn't allow for that.

Google Docs on Steroids

Bewertet am 4.9.2018
International Development Manager
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have rolled Quip out to multiple departments and teams over the past few years.

Vorteile: Continuing improvement in the feature set. The software was good when we started using it 2.5 years ago. However, the improvements continually made month after month have really made the product shine. We really get use out of the full index/searching capability.

Nachteile: A few basic things that would mimmic Excel functionality, like the ability to freeze columns on mobile, or hide rows/columns on both the desktop and mobile.

Quip and Quip for Salesforce

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Desirae S.
Data Quality Professional

Kommentare: Quip is a great addition for any company with its easy to use style of collaboration and flexibility in security and structure. I'd like to see a lot more training videos on how to leverage Quip for things like Project Management to plant those seeds and help companies grow and realize the full potential of this application.

Vorteile: Salesforce recently added Quip to it's suite of products and we couldn't be happier. We have been searching for a project management application as well as a solution for sharing documents and data while not housing inside our Salesforce org, due to storage limitations. We see Quip as being that all in one application that can solve many of these needs in our organization. It is powerful, flexible, offers free and paid apps like a project management app and allows for flexibility with security of files and folders. Not to mention the live chat and collaboration features it offers. A great all around solution for anything you can't already solve in your standard Salesforce Org.

Nachteile: I have requested several specific demos from our sales team so that we can more fully realize what Quip can do to meet some of our more basic needs. We've been given links to sales demos which don't address our specific needs. Once we get an idea on what we can do with it and how, it will drive more ideas and creativity for our team, we're just having a hard time getting started.

Review for Quip

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Engineer
Unterhaltungselektronik, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am enjoying this tool, and Quip has managed to stand out in this heavily competitive field of online collaboration.

Vorteile: Quip UI is really smooth, and feels new! it has a good functionality to provide the revision history for the document, which I think is very useful. When multiple folks are simultaneously editing the same document, the revision history for each line provides a very nice view of who changed what. Additionally, Quip has a chat tool embedded in its UI. I use this often to communicate with other folks who are working on the same project.

Nachteile: I dont have a strong dislike for any of the features, but perhaps one point was it takes significant time for a new guy to get to to speed with the tool and understand all the intricate details.
Perhaps the on boarding proceed can be better

Effective text editor.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Quip enable me collaborate on documents in real time with my colleagues.Unlike other document collaboration programs,I am able to chat in real time with my fellow collaborators about the document we are collaborating on.

Nachteile: While I am able to edit documents by myself offline.To collaboratively edit documents,I have to be online and this requires a stable internet connection.

Ease of use, some missing features, bad upgrade on Mac

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Istvan P.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: -Very easy to use even at the first time
-0 delay at collaboration
-nice mini apps for documents
-good integration of comments with chat function

Nachteile: -inconsistent user interface (document and tables)
-no formating in the pop-up menu for tables
-very bad upgrade utility on Mac (it tends to fall back to earlier version and stops sync - support gives no help to resolve)

Quip review

Bewertet am 10.9.2018
iTunes Promotions Producer
Unterhaltungselektronik, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In my experience, I've really enjoyed using Quip to easily house documents and spreadsheets with a friendly and easy to use interface.

Vorteile: Quip is a great tool to use for collaborative work. Often times, my team would have to share multiple versions of the same spreadsheet, but with Quip, you can see real-time updates from colleagues and communicate all within the app.

Nachteile: While it is great for collaboration, the tool becomes glitchy when it contains a large amount of data. There have been instances of lost work due to inability to save changes. If you are working with large spreadsheets with multiple tabs, it could become too much for the tool to handle.