Filtern nach:

Über Shortcut

Intuitives und nutzerfreundliches Projektmanagement für Softwareteams, die das Gesamtbild sehen möchten.

Erfahre mehr über Shortcut

Bryan M.
Bryan M.
Product Director in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The perfect tool for software projects using Kanban

Kommentare: Clubhouse helps us manage agile software projects better than ever before. With other tools it feels like we are forcing it to try to accommodate our workflow, but with Clubhouse it feels like it was designed exactly for our use.

Clubhouse brought us a new set of features and ways to organize stories and tasks that we didn't know we wanted/needed. We have always stuck with tools that were able to help improve our kanban based workflow rather than the simple project board tools like Trello that cater to everyone more than software/product development specifically. There are few tools out there that provide what we are looking for: the ability to organize and label stories with more granularity than a single label (estimates, types, project, priorities, epic, etc), and the ability to have reports like velocity and burndown charts.

It is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could adjust the color scheme of both things like labels beyond the default options, as well as adjust the overall interface colors.

Freddie C.
Product Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Shortcut is a great tool for small companies!

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Many of the features of this software are useful to our company. Our team has come to heavily rely on the roadmap view and reporting tools. These features have kept our company on track and increased our velocity in immeasurable ways.

A few of the features our team feels are missing from Shortcut are custom fields and release management. If our team was able to have a reliable release management system, it would be very impactful to our team and customers.

Project Manager in USA

While Clubhouse can do some things well, it is lacking in many areas

Kommentare: My experience with Clubhouse was not great to say the least. While the UI is promising, and the price per user is much lower than others, you get what you pay for. Like too many other project management apps, there is not enough focus on the time being tracked vs a budget for the project you are working on. The project layers overlap in a way that would be good if you were working on individual projects for a larger product, but not if you are working on individual projects geared towards individual clients.

I think the best part of Clubhouse is the robust API that can allow a dev team to add or complement to the existing platform. Clubhouse seems designed for teams focusing on a product or a small portfolio of similar products or complimentary features. It does not seem designed for a consulting or agency style development shop.

Clubhouse is lacking in a number of areas that should be expected features in agile project management software. Completion dates are buried, no project budgeting or hourly rates, no invoicing or adding expenses, time tracking, resource management, personal task lists, custom fields, dependencies. It also seemed overwhelming to get set up and running.

Lee-ann D.
Director of Business Systems in USA

Shortcut (previously Clubhouse) has been a great improvement for us.

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall our experience has been great. Less has been falling through the cracks, and we're able to actively manage & prioritize our development with ease. The application is enjoyed by both the development team & the management team, so everyone is benefitting from our switch to Shortcut.

1. The app is very easy to configure & set up. 2. The user experience is seamless & functionality is very self-explanatory. 3. There are multiple ways to configure each component, so you can set up the app according to what works best for you & your company. (No "one size fits all" model.) 4. The ability to set up different workflows for different departments has been a huge help for us.

1. It's a little hard to envision how each of the components should be set up for your organization when you're first getting in there (i.e., projects, workflows, milestones, epics, stories), so we ended up changing the setup as we went along after the initial configuration. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as it allowed us to improve the way we currently did things. 2. The biggest issue we have now, after using the app for a while, is that stories do not populate into the Gantt charts, only epics. This means if we have one-off tasks that are added as stories, those do not pull into the report we'd like. For that reason, we have to set up an entire epic just to set up a single story, for reporting purposes. I think it would be great if you had the option to pull the Gantt reports at the epic or story-level.

Thomas L.
Developer in USA
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Shortcut (formerly Clubhouse) is a great task management tool for development teams

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Before switching to Shortcut, we used Jira. While Jira has plenty of features, we found it a bit cumbersome and the performance of the interface was atrocious (everything single task was incredibly slow, even the most basic activities had a noticeable delay). The first major benefit we saw with Shortcut was the speed of interaction - instead of waiting for the interface to catch up, we could just log in and get things done. The integrations with various source control platforms (we use the Gitlab integration) also helps keep task statuses up to date without even having to open the web interface. Overall the speed of the interface and the available integrations lead to a feeling that Shortcut never "gets in our way".

We started out paying for Shortcut (when it was still called Clubhouse), but were soon switched to a free plan without even having to ask. Although this was a nice gesture on their part, they then released a beta of their new product called Write. This beta is only available for paying users, which is understandable, but having been moved to a free plan meant we couldn't access it. This isn't a major issue, but starting our subscription back up would require going through the approval process with our accounting department again so we've just stayed on the free plan without access to Write so far.

Justin M.
Co-Founder & CXO in USA
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Scaled for the complexity of JIRA, but with the best UX possible & no sysadmins needed

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Every org grows out of Github Issues, Trello, and Asana when they realize a) stories need relationships such as blocking/blocked; b) stories need task checklists; c) different groups have different workflows; d) stories are often mini-project briefs and need to read as such. However, once you find yourself in JIRA, which you've been told is the mature platform for mature orgs, you're operating a nuclear submarine, you need 3 sysadmins, nobody can find anything, and you want to throw your computer out the window. SC has the infrastructure but with the user-friendliness of everyday software. Think of how Mixpanel took what Omniture was doing and made it accessible to the everyday marketer. That's what Shortcut does for eng/prod teams. No sysadmin needed, everyone gets it. Their API is well-documented and incredible. We do tons with Zapier because of how much they expose. Their CS team is spectacular, inquisitive, friendly, helpful. They want their customers to succeed. They have a one-click signup link which has made our onboarding process much faster They have templated stories and checklists which we use across the org for everything from product launches through onboarding/offboarding hires.

very few dislikes. it's amazing. if i have to force criticism: - If you work cross-departmentally, avoid multiple workflows, or you'll be having to look at multiple kanban boards daily - the "dashboard" (home) isn't as useful as it seems like it should be so we all either use iterations or stories view for our daily lens - shortcut and productboard both boast integration, but it's not great, and i think this is the fault of productboard but really these criticisms represent like 5% negative compared to 95% enthusiastic positive

Josh C.
Engineering Director in USA

Took of our Trade

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: One spot for all teams to work together for client success is always going to be a win for a team.

Shortcut does a great job allowing us to manage all facets of our product and being multiple teams together for what is most important, client and end user satisfaction. It follows standard agile flow but allows flexibility where engineers and non-engineers can use it alike. We also utilize their API for templates epics and stories and it is great to work with. Support team and client success managers have been a pleasure to work with when we’ve had conversations. They always are able to handle a situation or get us in touch with someone who can. Lastly the product is always evolving and they are very transparent through their website and slack channel of what is coming next to make your life better!

Some things were less flexible such as naming conventions and required fields on stories/epics, but these are getting worked out over time (for ex projects are not required any more)

Rachel P.
Head of Engineering & Technology in USA
Unterhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Solution

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

The software is so easy to use and was really easy to set up. Almost every integration you could need is also available to make workflow quicker and more automated.

Switching from Projects to Teams has been quite difficult and required that we rework our custom board and views used for our normal agile ceremonies.

Brendon S.
Director of Technology in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Small Business Software WIN

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: The Shortcut software and formerly Clubhouse, has been exceptional! When I have use MS, Linear, and others, They don’t make as happy and relaxed and fulfilled as Shortcut does.

The ability to use Shortcut the first day, integrate with our process easily and nicely, search items successfully every time, link items, all without a hiccup!

I wish more people in our organization could use it!!!! Just doesn’t fit their processes at the moment… I am working on it though!

GTM in USA
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

shortcut lover!!

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: totally changed my day to day for the best

best project management software ive ever used, works for technical engineers and nontechnical marketing chaps like myself.

wish there was a REALLY simple version for mobile that showed me a minimalistic view of my cards or something really creative to change my life there, if anyone could create the perfect on the go project management view, it would be you guys!

De ville W.
CTO in Kanada

Clubhouse is all the software project management you need without the clutter and noise

Kommentare: Clubhouse has been a game-changer for us since we migrated from JIRA. We looked for something that was more lightweight, but still afforded us all the features we need to track our software projects. This is exactly what Clubhouse delivered, and more. I love the fact that Clubhouse gives you everything you need to track a project from the granularity of a sub-task, all the way up to milestones. This makes it easy to distinguish the forest from the trees, and present the relevant story to stakeholders at different levels. We haven't regretted the move to Clubhouse for a single moment, and we're always delighted with the new features that are regularly released. Simply put, Clubhouse gets out of your way very quickly and lets you get on with your actual goal: creating great software.

- Clean user interface - Fast search - Continuously adding of new, useful features - Great integrations - Free for teams of up to 10 users

- This is mostly me nitpicking, but I'd say reporting. It has been improving over time though. - It would also be great if there was a tool for simplifying backlog grooming

Sean H.
CTO in Kanada

Clubhouse vs Jira? Clubhouse wins.

Kommentare: I have previously used Fogbugz, Jira, Trello, and a few others, and Clubhouse is the clear winner. You will find some of what I mention here applicable to something like Jira; contains depth, customer service request and issue tracking are highly visible, can be simple to use. But it would be like saying a burger from McDonald's is the same as the burger from Raoul's in NY; they both have buns, a meat patty, and you can create depth with the condiments! You could say that, but you'd be a fool. Are you a large org with cash to burn, needing extreme amounts of control, and customization, with mandated workflows? Jira has your answer. Are you a small/medium team that needs a fantastic feature & project tracking tool that works great out of the box? Clubhouse is hands down the best.

I find the product to be very simple at the surface with deep capabilities. Previously, we were using Jira and I found the software to be overkill for many of the tasks that we perform. Additionally, so much of Jira's useful functionality (and the Atlassian suite as a whole) is hidden behind paywalls, 3rd party addon services, and little gouges along the way. I absolutely abhor that practice so finding Clubhouse was a godsend. Customer service has been prompt and helpful, and though they have not implemented my feature request, I at least know that it has been prioritized. Team collaboration is great with their Slack integration. My team posts bugs, hotfixes, feature requests in the proper project, and I am automatically notified via Slack. The whole team has visibility to their request's progress.

Navigating the nomenclature of Stories, Epics, Projects, Milestones, and how they should fit together is a bit taxing at first and takes getting used to. It would be helpful to have visual guides for someone like myself, but the documentation is available and well written. This is where I discovered the depth of capabilities in Clubhouse. You can very simply manage your project with Stories, and you can very finely tune your progress and visibility by getting to know these different groupings.

Ashok F.
Chief Product Officer in Deutschland

Perfect Balance Between Simplicity and Power

Kommentare: Clubhouse has given us a great workflow which minimises the reliance on human input while maximising the oversight we have on the work we have in progress. For our team it strikes the perfect balance between the simplicity of Trello with the best bits of more powerful tools like Jira - minus all of the bloat. I would highly recommend it for the sake that because it's developer focused, our developers actually don't mind using it. At the end of the day, your tool is only going to be as good as the effort your team is willing to put into using it so this is definitely something that isn't to be overlooked.

Unlike other agile management platforms, Clubhouse is setup that you can get a lot of value from the simple Kanban board with the option to go deeper and track more in depth insights into the progress of your work. We moved to Clubhouse from a setup of Trello with a ton of extensions to help manage the extra tracking we wanted to be doing, and I think the best analogy I can make is that Clubhouse is like Trello on steroids. But in saying that, it's far simpler and more effective than other bloated tracking software like Jira or Pivotal Tracker - which in my opinion try to please the managers who want a lot of fancy yet ultimately meaningless metrics at the expense of user experience for the development team who ultimately has to spend time keeping it up to date. The GitHub integration which automatically moves cards as they progress through pull requests is a great example of how Clubhouse has considered that the development team is ultimately the user of the platform, and should be designed around getting them to use it effectively rather than bloating it for the sake of what management think looks good.

There isn't anything major that I would complain about, but there are some improvements like showing epic burn down charts by points instead of the number of stories that I've asked for a few times but haven't been implemented. The reporting functionality also has a few bugs, but nothing major that stops it from being valuable.

Emma H.
Product Manager / Data Analyst in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I've used Shortcut for everything for 3+ years

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I use Shortcut to do everything in my job. I use it to write stories that engineers use to manage all of their work. My colleagues also submit requests, bugs, feature ideas, questions, etc. through Shortcut. Those turn into things for me to do, stories that get assigned to engineers, or just stories that the Product team uses to keep track of requests and help inform our roadmap + strategy.

I manage engineering workflow as well as my own as an individual contributor in Shortcut. I also keep track of ideas and requests for when I set out to build new products. I love using labels in Shortcuts for managing my own workflow - requests that come from different teams get different labels so members of that team can see everything I'm working on for them and reliably know what state projects are in. I try to keep as much communication in Shortcut stories as opposed to emails because being able to reference it in Shortcut is very valuable to me. The search functionality is really good and unless I've named something really weirdly I can always find what I'm looking for.

I haven't gotten familiar with using notifications in Shortcut and I rely on email notifications. This isn't to say that Shortcut doesn't have the right capabilities for notifications (commenting on stories is what I want notifications about), but just that I haven't really explored/figured it out which says something itself.

Simplest Project Management tool in our business

Kommentare: It's the best tool for our software engineering team

It's super simple and opinionated in all the right ways. The user interface is extremely fast and responsive.

My only ask would be to view EPICS in the stories view but it is a minor annoyance. Integration with our documentation

Crisitan J.
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for Software Engineering

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I love it! Very fast and responsive tool for project management.

Super easy to use, lightweight but powerful, and perfect for our use case which is software engineering.

Time tracking within the tool would be useful.

John D.
VP of Engineering in USA

Solid Product with Curated Agile Experience

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: A solid 8.5/10. Would recommend to others, would use again and keep using, but could stand to improve a few features that would bring it up to a 10.

This software is a curated experience that intentionally limits setup and flows compared with other products like JIRA which are less "bounded." I think this is better for most teams which do not care to install extra plugins and fight with non-intuitive workflow items.

There are some quirks in group selection and application, filtering, and sorting that do not always let me cross-cut the data the ways I want.

Veronica L.
Senior Project Manager in USA

Clubhouse is the Goldie Locks Level of JUST RIGHT!

Kommentare: When I started at this company they had no real process and no project management. They were using a collection of about 70 Trello boards to categorize and track work, but there was no roll up view of everything and the sheer flexibility of Trello was too much to manage. I have worked in JIRA and similar platforms before, they are cumbersome to set up and require that you utilize their entire eco-system for more rich-features. Clubhouse is the perfect middle ground. It helps us organize our 6 teams and their workloads, prioritize work among the many company priorities and work with the owners to come up with roadmaps for the future... ALL IN THE SAME TOOL! As we are able to build in our branching and deployment process into Clubhouse, it will be even better for us. We are truly working toward standardizing our work items, planning and estimating and could not have done that without Clubhouse.

I like the ease of use, from day one of setting up Clubhouse it just made sense and was easy to configure for our purposes. It was easy to jump in and start using without much learning curve for all of the team members as well. We love how much work we can have in a single work space and with powerful filtering, searching, everyone gets their perfect view for their purpose!

I wish there were more canned reporting features for Kanban workflows, but honestly it's not the end of the world since we have access to the REST API for building our own custom reports! Right now our private Gitlab integration isn't working but what is amazing is that Clubhouse support and engineering is working through it with us. I love that about Clubhouse. (Can you tell it's hard for me to find something negative about the software???)

Benjamin B.

Effective Project Management for Small to Large Software Teams

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I really enjoy using shortcut and it has given us the ability to manage complex projects. I highly recommend it.

Whether you’re part of a small software team or you’re integrated into a collection of agile teams at an enterprise software shop - Shortcut makes it easy and intuitive to manage the many integrated software projects of todays micro services oriented development style. We’ve found that Shortcut grew with us from 2 devs to 10 and we expect it to grow with us as we grow to 50.

Story management sometimes feels like a full time job, but at least Shortcut makes it a joy. For our open source projects we have a hard time integrating with issues on GitHub where public issues are generated, but for our private projects, the GitHub integration is lightweight and effective.

Jarret M.
Developer in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Does what you've always wanted out of Jira

Kommentare: Amazing!

Seems silly, but for me, it's the ability to create tasks under a ticket, and be able to convert those into tickets on their own. Jira did not have this, and still doesn't as far as I know, but wouldn't matter - Shortcut is simple to use, and ready to go out of the box.

Doesn't have the brand recognition, so hard to convince others that its the correct solution to use.

Product Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Project/Product Management tool

Kommentare: I have personally used Clubhouse at 2 organizations, as well as other competing tools. Clubhouse has provided the best overall tool for ticketing and project management without a steep learning curve. Organization and searchability is key when managing several developers, stakeholders, teams, and business. Therefore, Clubhouse keeps me on top of stuff while prioritize and deprioritize easily and quickly.

Flexibility and ease of the software - Clubhouse is extremely easy to learn and provides the ability to mold the software and functionality to your team's workflows. Additionally, the Clubhouse team is continuously adding new integration and features that are best practice for most modern and agile product & tech teams.

Not necessarily a specific con to Clubhouse but in general for all project management tools. Given the need for detailed requirements, it is necessary to write a lot of content on tickets. As such, the mobile experience is not on part with the browser desktop experience. That being said, I tend to create shell tickets on the mobile app or mobile view, then complete the tickets on a desktop when I have full functionality and familiarity.

Sam J.
Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Flexible Agile-focused task and project management software

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Shortcut is amazing for non-profits who need a flexible and no- to low-cost task/project management platform.

Unless you work in Agile methodology day in and day out, it can be difficult to understand how to effectively organize tasks/stories into epics and projects.

Zachary D.
Head of Development in USA
Computer-Software, 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

A perfect balance between the complexity of JIRA and the looseness of Trello

Kommentare: Years ago we started with JIRA, it did the job, but was so complex to administrate that we could not adjust and reaccess our process as we learned and grew. So we moved to Trello. Trello allowed a large amount of freedom to try new ideas on how we work. However, in the end, it was frustrating that Trello did not understand what software development was, and we had to rely on hacks to get proper reporting and insights. That led us to Clubhouse, which is a nice happy medium. It is opinionated on what software development looks like, but it gives just the right amount of flexibility so we can adjust as needed.

* It embraces the modern development process * It's fast and responsive * Almost all you need is in one screen * It has multiple layers of organization (story, epic, milestone)

* The higher layers of organization do not 100% align with our process * Some features are not available on different layers and it seems arbitrary. For example, you can't get a burn down on a sprint if that Sprint is not tracked as a "milestone". So if you are using Milestones to track large scale projects (maybe quarter goals or multi-epic initiatives) you have no way to track how your Sprint is going. Either they need a first-class Sprint concept, or allow burn downs on labels.

Nick D.
Chief Technology Officer in USA

Perfect Tool for Startups

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We have used the product for a long time, since the Clubhouse days. We love the tool and leverage it for all of our product management and agile software delivery workflows. It integrates perfectly with our git and error tracking providers.

The ability to plan and curate our product backlog and create customized filtered views of our stories.

The product does not have a great way to document individual requirements or acceptance cases.

Associate Product Manager in Kanada
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Associate Product Manager

Kommentare: It has been a great experience from onboarding until now. The global search functionality is great and always helps me find what I am looking for. Ability to attach any files to my tickets is great. And the GitHub integration where I can keep track of the pull requests for the assigned ticket is very helpful.

- Ease of use - The UI is easy to navigate - Perfect for our team structure

Have only ever run into a few minor issues: 1. Setting up the backlog of our stories to prioritize - Solution: If you have a ticket that you would like to appear in the backlog. Set the owner as yourself(Product Manager) and set the state to Unscheduled. And we also set up the filters for the backlog to display tickets that have a PM as the owner and are unscheduled. 2. Estimate section of ticket creation - would attribute one point to one day of work, but not having the ability to set half a day of work because there is no 0.5 option 3. When copying plain text from a word file and pasting it into a ticket, I would like it to also appear as plain text