HotJar is an awesome tool for studying websites and optimizing!

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Akande D.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Konsumgüter, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall HotJar is a great platform and I am one of their biggest advocates. I would recommend HotJar to anyone looking to enhance their understanding of on-site traffic and conversion.

Vorteile: At each company that I have worked for, I always bring up HotJar as a solution they should implement as soon as possible. It is so easy to use and allows for such a comprehensive view of the customer experience that it's a loss to NOT use it! I love that it can capture click data, scroll depth, and even user interactions on the website. There is so much valuable information to be pulled from the data!

Nachteile: There are two things that I'm a little bummed out about with HotJar. One issue is that they recently removed cross-domain tracking. This was a great benefit and we used it often, so not having it is tough. They also have a limit on the height of the pages that can be captured, 1500px. Our pages are slightly larger so we lose some detail on the report that we would have otherwise had.

von Hotjar an 27.8.2019

Hey Akande,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Hotjar! It's great to read that you're getting a lot of value from the tool :)

It's indeed the case that we removed cross-domain tracking in light of our continued commitment to privacy-by-design. I'm sorry to hear that working with the tool is a bit tough without this - we'd like to help if we can! Do reach out to us at [email protected] if you've got questions.

Following up your note on the height of captured pages for Heatmaps - we do have a 15000px limit, but if it's a pain point I'd definitely suggest using the Suggest a Feature function in-app to let us know what you need :)

Alex

An awesome user research and feedback tool

Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Ciprian P.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: An awesome user research and feedback tool with the most used features readily available. A clean look and a professional UX makes it my favourite tool. The free plan also has enough views/actions/events, allowing it for a good round of testing before going fully paid.

Nachteile: I'd like more popup options, something similar to GetSiteControl.

von Hotjar an 14.1.2020

Hi Ciprian,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. It's great to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of it.

If you would like to give us more detail about what pop-up options you'd like to see, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account and our product team will pick it up.

Also, if you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for taking the time to review us.

Mike

Must have for qualitative research

Bewertet am 16.12.2019
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services

Kommentare: Hotjar does exactly what I need: gives context to the issues I see in GA, and allows me to get into the mind of the user with greater depth.

Vorteile: Heatmapping offers a whole new dimension of user behavior analysis, and Hotjar brings that to the masses. Installation is easy, setting up heatmaps is a snap, and results analysis is an easy task with the Hotjar interface. This has saved more of my precious time for true analysis, rather than setup and configuration

Nachteile: On the smaller Hotjar plans, the cap at creating 3 heatmaps at a time feels restrictive. Often, I'd prefer setting up more heatmaps and using fewer of the other features available (surveys and polls). If there were plans I could recommend that only contained the right services for my clients (ex: heatmaps only for small clients, fullstack for larger ones), I would 100% do it.
Crazy egg also has a sweet Chrome plugin which is not close to being replicated by Hotjar.

von Hotjar an 17.12.2019

Hey Trevor, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar.
You can get unlimited heatmaps on our plus and business plans.
You can find more information here

Thanks again,
Denis from the Hotjar team

Great little tool for starting your UX research

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Ioana G.
User Researcher
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would be surprised if there was a CRO or UX team that hasn't heard of Hotjar. It's a great little tool, especially given the price, but it doesn't allow enough flexibility to be your main on-site research tool. It's really good for starting out and doing some basic research. Sweet and simple! I guess marketers could benefit the most from this!

Vorteile: Price. Simplicity of implementation. Good customer service. The scrollmaps and polls are my favourite, and only features I use.

Nachteile: Potentially slows down the site. Loads the entire js even when only running a poll, so puts unnecessary load on the page speed. Forms have nearly never worked on any of the websites I have used it on. Funnel I don't really use - I don't see the point really. Free GA will still be far better and more useful at that. Polls have very simplistic targeting methods. Adding one or two new targeting triggers would be awesome...but they haven't released any new features in ages. Heatmaps are still very simple with no ability of segmenting the data. I can't complain for the really accessible prices they have been able to maintain though!

von Hotjar an 27.8.2019

Hey Ioana!

Thanks so much for leaving this review and sharing your thoughts on Hotjar.

Following up your feedback - we're always focused on minimizing any increased page load time with the Hotjar script on your site. Have you checked out this resource? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site- If you're having trouble please reach out at [email protected] and we can take a look with you.

There's new targeting and filtering functionality on the product roadmap :) https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012303268-Product-Roadmap Stay tuned for that!

Alex

Screen recording & heat maps made easy

Bewertet am 31.12.2019
Shaun F.
Director of Online Advertising

Kommentare: My overall experience has been fantastic. The recordings are top quality and there are plenty of additional features and functions for those who want more. As someone that works in a marketing agency I also appreciate the fact I can house a number of clients underneath one login. I would, and do, recommend Hotjar to anyone who needs screen recording software.

Vorteile: This software is SO easy to use. All you need to do is add their javascript code to your site and hit go. I love seeing the recordings of my users and I appreciate that Hotjar has an option where you can speed up the recordings so I can see more and they indicate every time there is a scroll or click.

Nachteile: There isn't really anything that I don't like about. I do with that it would integrate with Google Analytics so I can view only recordings that completed a conversion objective. At the moment it's hard to see which recordings are more valuable.

von Hotjar an 2.1.2020

Hey Shaun! Thanks so much! We're doing everything we can to make Hotjar as easy as possible. If you reach out to me [[email protected]], I'll send you a little something as a token of our appreciation. Louis

Free Plan is Great, Pro Plan is Better!

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: As an account strategist and an account manager at a marketing company, this conversation happens often. I'll suggest a website change to try and increase conversions and the client will say "why do I need this? my website is perfect!". Thanks to Hotjar, I can prove usability problems, show footage of potential customers getting stumped by an odd process or flow and give my client data where even they can see a change is necessary. It helps me perform better for my clients and helps provide something unique in terms of data that other agencies may not provide.

Vorteile: Hotjar is easy to use, easy to set up and pulls great data from your website on usability and conversion topics. At the very minimum for our clients, we set them up on a free plan where you can set up three heatmaps or other reports and 300 site recordings with a site that gets under 2,000 pageviews a day. The pro plan collects more data and more reports from higher traffic websites. Honestly, if you're not tracking these things, you're missing a huge opportunity!

Nachteile: It's tough to think of a disadvantage to HotJar or a problem I have with the software. It tracks critical data. The free plan is AWESOME and it's easy to implement and use.

von Hotjar an 18.10.2019

Hi Amber,

Alex here from Hotjar's marketing team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we appreciate it!

Reading your comments it's great to hear how useful Hotjar is for you in proving out user-driven improvements to impact conversion.

Valuable data for short-term results

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Jennie Z.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love HotJar when we've made changes to a landing page or site. The heatmaps are also pretty useful for giving general data. Sometimes, recordings stop for no reason or warning at all.

Vorteile: HotJar lets us know when to make changes to a site. Once we noticed that a bar on our page was inactive and customers were constantly clicking on it.

Nachteile: I wish I was notified when HotJar stops recording or it automatically deleted old recordings. Also, I cannot find a way for HotJar to not record certain pages.

von Hotjar an 18.10.2019

Hi Jennie,

Alex here from Hotjar. Thanks for reviewing us!

Brilliant to hear that you're getting value from the tool and it's helping you identify usability issues.

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble with Recordings settings. Let's see if we can help you out! Have you already checked out this resource on this? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011822728-Troubleshooting-FAQs-for-Recordings

Please also feel free to reach out to [email protected] - we're always around to help.

Best

Tracking

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Mihaita V.
SEO Specialist
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Tracking and optimizing is something we do and hotjar helps us alot.

Vorteile: This is the best software that we use to track out visitors' movements and habits in order to optimize our website for them.

Nachteile: It's pretty time consuming reviewing all videos that are recorded from each user but I guess there's no other way.

von Hotjar an 21.10.2019

Hey Mihaita!

Thanks so much for your review. If you want to know more about how to filter recordings to identify the ones to look at first, I'd recommend looking at this guide we published recently: https://www.hotjar.com/session-recordings/

Thanks!

Go beyond the numbers

Bewertet am 21.12.2019
Rob C.
Content & SEO Specialist

Kommentare: With substantial website redesign projects having been underway at our company for the past couple of years, we've needed to do some serious thinking about the user experience on our website. Though we base much of our work on what the pure numbers tell us, having Hotjar provides us with an awesome additional tool to better understand what it looks like when people are actually browsing our site. Insights we've gleaned from Hotjar have already helped us make design and layout changes with substantial impact.

Vorteile: It's one thing to read through analytics reports and put together a vague mental image of how people are using your website. It's another thing entirely to actually see how people are navigating. With heat maps and session recordings through Hotjar, we get amazing insight into exactly how people are looking at our website, packaged in a way that people without patience for numbers-driven analysis can understand and act on.

Nachteile: Honestly, not much. Little things, like the fact that large data sets are sampled, aren't ideal, though understandable, given the need for Hotjar to tier its pricing.

von Hotjar an 2.1.2020

Hey Rob! Thanks so much! It feels like you've been writing our own marketing copy... If you reach out to me [[email protected]], I'll send you a little something as a token of our appreciation. Louis

Good solution to track user's behavior on the website

Bewertet am 30.12.2019
Roman Y.
Product Project Manager

Kommentare: We use Hotjar mostly for heatmaps, I think it's one of the best ways to visualize this kind of reports. Also, it's very useful to check how users respond to new designs of our webpages.

Vorteile: - Very powerful heatmaps. You can view not only the user's clicks, but also scroll map and move map and filter them by device. Also you can share them without giving full acsess to the account
- Recordings. Hotjar can record and show what user did on the website, you can create complex filters with UTM tags and URL of the page. Conveniently, you can tag recordings, so you can select the most interesting videos to check them later
- Sales funnel analytics. You can track conversions on every step of your funnel
- Forms analytics. You can understand what field in your form is your loss of conversion

Nachteile: - You can track custom events and filter recordings using them
- Sales funnel can be built only using filtering in URLs
- Very limited on free account

von Hotjar an 20.1.2020

Hi Roman,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

It's great to hear that you're getting so much value out of our Heatmaps tool and using it to see how your users respond to new webpage designs.

If you want to reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a small thank you gift.

Mike

Hotjar Really Helped Us Leverage Our Business!

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Ratish K.
Digital Marketing Analyst

Kommentare: My overall experience has been good so far. Initially, we were worried about the user insights and heatmaps to test the pages/CTA'S for better campaigning of our products. But, as soon as we started utilizing the set of tools from Hotjar we are so happy that we are able to find a quick solution for problem that helps our business grow and provide our customers with a GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Vorteile: Have been using Hotjar for more than a couple of years and is the opinion on the tool
1. Hotjar has a very simple and easily accessible dashboard that has Heatmaps, Visitor recordings, Funnels created, Active polls, Surveys, and Recruiters.
2. Heatmaps have really helped us understand the landing pages and test various parameters for many of our marketing/advertising campaigns.
3. Visitor recordings and monitoring are soo good that helped us understand and rectify the issues that users come across. This has really helped our engineering/technical team in identifying the bug and fixing it ASAP thus resolving our customer issues quickly.
4. Had some experience on using the funnels as well which gave us some ideas on how to better modify the landing pages and we were able to understand the content.
5. The polls part has also added value to our business by letting us know on what the visitors are missing on our website.
6. The pricing of this tool is reasonable that students, enthusiasts and start-up companies can easily afford it. We have started with Basic Free Forever plan and later upgraded to Plus plan once our website started getting some good amount of traffic.
7. Multiple filter feature saves our time in analyzing the important pages and metrics.
8. Being a member of the customer success team for a couple of SAAS products I analyzed and learned some good metrics that helped our business grow.
9. Hotjar can be used by any team member like Digital Marketers, Support Agent

Nachteile: Although I do not have any cons in my mind regarding this tool I would just like to suggest the Hotjar team to give us quick response for any queries/ issues by providing instant live chat option.

There's really now substitute for sticky UX problems.

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Ian B.
Director of Marketing

Kommentare: When you absolutely, positively need to know exactly what your users are doing, there really is no substitute for Hotjar. Is it a bit invasive? Sure! But literally watching users' every move has been where the market was headed for a long time. We have saved easily tens of thousands of dollars in developer/PM/design time by watching our users, and we've rolled those savings back into product improvements directly driven by data from Hotjar. Does that cross an ethical line? Maybe... but if you gotta have it, then you gotta have it *shrug emoji*.

Vorteile: Clearly the best software for watching your every user's every move. They could probably have stopped there. However, the tagging, filtering and playback functionality is an incredible upgrade to the tool. User journey videos are raw unstructured data, incredibly valuable but somewhat hard to leverage at scale within an institutional decision-making paradigm. The simple tools to add context and structured data by tagging and annotating recordings makes the core functionality much more valuable.

Nachteile: Everything about Hotjar is exactly how you would hope it would be. If you are considering it now, you should probably have already gotten out your wallet and bought it. You know what it does. It does it extremely well. The only thing I don't love about it is it feels kind of unethical. But hey, I get paid to do my job... and what is money if not a tool to get people to take actions they might not otherwise have taken (for example, recording the every move of every visitor to a website).

von Hotjar an 17.12.2019

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear that you are finding great value in Hotjar.

From its very first day, Hotjar was designed with privacy of the end user in mind. If you want to find out more on Hotjar's approach to privacy please read this blogpost.

b/r

Denis

Sheer brilliance at work

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Full Stack Engineer
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is an amazing thing to watch the recordings of the user's that Hotjar captures and consolidates.

Vorteile: - Can actually record user's sessions and accurately identify the same user who is using the site/app after a certain duration
- The dashboard is seamless.
- Allows categorization based on events and tags.

Nachteile: - Sometimes, when trying to hide the private information of a customer, it went overboard and aggressively hid a lot of information which was part of the app itself and not the customer's data. This led us to not have an accurate depiction of the app state for the customer.

von Hotjar an 12.12.2019

Hey there, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar :)

Following up your feedback on suppressing page elements... have you already checked this resource on suppression? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012439167-How-to-Suppress-Elements-and-Images-from-Data

Hope that's helpful - it shouldn't be the case that the stuff you want to be able to see gets suppressed as well. If we can help please let us know! The team is available at [email protected]

Thanks again,
Alex from the Hotjar team

great website analytics and user behaviour tool

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Roy W.
digital marketer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: If you are into deep website analytics and user behaviour and want to get great insights, hotjar is a great tool.
Although i use several analytics tools I combine all data I got with hotjar insights that provide me with that extra info.
I use it on a daily basis. All the different features are great, like the screen recording that visually helps you see what your customers are doing on your website to the website.

Vorteile: 1. Great website analysis features which are really easy to use and provide great insights: heatmaps that show you where users are clicking and navigating, visitor screen recording that show you have users are behaving on your website, feedback surveys, form analysis that show you have users are using your forms or detailed convertion funnels that show you where your users are dropping of.

Nachteile: in general I really love all features hotjar has but I am missing one important feature to analyse user vs content performance which is the a/b testing feature.

von Hotjar an 17.1.2020

Hi Roy,

Thanks very much for your review.

It's great to hear that you're getting so much use out of all of the behavior analytics tools in Hotjar.

I totally understand your comment around A/B testing as this is a natural next step in the process for a lot of people. However, we are 100% focused on building robust behavior analytics software that helps to understand user behavior and get the insights needed to make changes, so we have made a conscious decision not to invest in building A/B testing tools to validate if an approach is working or not. Most of our customers use another tool like Optimizely or Google Optimize for that.

If you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as thank you for reviewing us.

Cheers,
Mike

The ultimate voice of visitor tool - no need for anything else

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
David R.
Conversion Consultant
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Hotjar shortcuts hours of quant research by letting you SEE what's happening on your web pages, and HEAR a users thoughts. Priceless if you're in the business of designing web pages that serve your users better.

Vorteile: It's a one-stop shop. No need for expensive subscriptions to multiple tools. Everything you need to understand your visitors is at your fingertips. The only condition for success is that you actually use it!

Nachteile: Very difficult to think of a disadvantage. It's cheap. Fully featured. Customer support is great. Perhaps the fact that you can't run a/b tests too. But there's plenty of other great tools for that.

von Hotjar an 14.10.2019

Hey David,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We really appreciate it and it's great to hear you that you consider the tool essential in understanding your visitors.

Kayleigh

Must Have for landing Pages

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Jeffrey H.
Business Development
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hotjar has allowed us to test ideas with web design. It helps confirm the effectiveness of certain visual cues, the flow of information and the effectiveness of the overall sales funnel by showing us exactly where the viewers attention is going on our web page. It has been an essential source for our overall analytics and critical to our design process.

Vorteile: Hotjar adds a much-needed type of analytics to your arsenal. It allows you to see exactly what your page-viewers (potential buyers) are doing, seeing and spending time on your landing page or funnel. It allows you to test different design cues or features and see how your targets react. Also, the pricing is very convenient. Having this tool for free up to 200 pageviews per day is huge. it's just one of those tools that you need if you want to build new landing pages and help them convert.

Nachteile: The only issue I've had with this tool thus far is sometimes the screen recordings come out laggy or completely black, but this happens rarely. Other than that, it's been very informative and a great addition to our toolset.

von Hotjar an 15.10.2019

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We love feedback and it's great to hear you consider our tool an essential part of landing page optimization!

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with Recordings. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] and someone will be able to take a look into the issue.

Kayleigh

I recommend.

Bewertet am 14.11.2019
Joseph B.
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great for the most part. I've recommended it to many people. Easy to use, offers great info. It does make it hard to filter your own traffic from the data - my only qualm.

Vorteile: Great analytics tool.
It records the sessions of people who visit your site - great information if you're looking to improve e-commerce conversions or design behavior.

Nachteile: I don't have much to suggest. It was easy to install the script onto my site.
I do wish they'd make it easy to filter out my own device though - you have to manually filter out your own devices, which clouds the data.

von Hotjar an 20.11.2019

Hey Joseph,

Wow, what a review! Thanks so much for taking the time, and it's great to hear you're finding Hotjar useful to improve conversions.

Following up your issue with filtering out your devices - I'd love to follow up with you on this to hear your feedback in more detail. What would your suggestion be to make this easier?

All the best,
Alex from the Hotjar marketing team.

Started from the bottom, now we here

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Online Performance Manager

Kommentare: I've been a beta user and I've now been using Hotjar for over 2 years (even have the tshirt to prove it). While other tools such as Zoho PageSense, MouseFlow and Inspectlet do a similar job, Hotjar makes it dead-simple. Heatmaps and visitor recordings are a godsend, next to regular anayltics. And every single feature is free? That's beyond crazy!

Vorteile: - Heatmaps and visitors recordings work like a charm and provide a great deal of information.
- If Google Analytics tells you what and how many, Hotjar tells you why: polls make it easy to gather user feedback.
- Using all of its features, you can get a better grasp into why people don't fill in a certain form or don't buy a product.

Nachteile: - Some features are blocked behind a paywall.
- Organization of sites and companies can get confusing at times.
- Not all descriptions make it clear what a specific feature does.

Hotjar is an easy and affordable user feedback tool that helps us tailor user experience.

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Web Content Manager
Möbel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've used hotjar to identify navigational, organizational, and functional issues on our website that crop up in actual use, issues that may not appear in our daily use or testing. It allows us to see how users are interacting with our site and collect user feedback, and that lets us find ways to improve the experience

Vorteile: Using hotjar is like being able to stand next to your users and watch them use your site. This gives you actionable insight that many times numbers alone may not be able to tell you. And if you are someone who isn't comfortable sifting through analytics, it makes it extremely simple to identify potential problem areas in the user experience that you, being familiar with the site, might miss. The features are all sufficiently developed to be able to handle most straightforward tasks. Also, Hotjar is (at the time of this writing) very affordable for what you get out of it. My primary site is a local home goods retailer. We mostly use the session recording and heatmapping features, in addition to the poll feature. There are other features, such as the conversion funnel tracking, survey feature, and others. Although we don't use those much, the solution more than worth it for the recording and heatmapping. Their support is also fast and helpful.

Nachteile: There aren't many things to not like about Hotjar. I suppose one of the issues I have run into is that the conversion funnel tracking tool doesn't seem to accurately report metrics for us. I've never bothered to try and get this fixed since we use other methods to evaluate conversion funnels anyway. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any notable issues.

Great UX Tool

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Ben S.
Digital Marketing Manager
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use HotJar to run UX tests on our site. We've used it a lot for testing out new buttons or new navigation features.

Vorteile: We love running heatmap tests of pages whenever we make changes to our website. We compare these tests to former versions that we've ran. Heatmaps offer amazing insight to where the user clicks, scrolls, or mouses over. This gives you a good idea on how the user interacts with your site.

Nachteile: Limited functionality unless you upgrade to the top tier account. We also aren't able to track our interactive experiences. I also wish the recordings had more filterable options so you could find specific experiences.

von Hotjar an 17.1.2020

Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

We're happy to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of our Heatmaps tool.

Your feedback on plans, tracking of interactive experiences, and filtering of recordings is very helpful, too.

If you would like to provide more detail about what you would like to see improved, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account.

If you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for your review.

Cheers,

Hotjar Review

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Andrew R.
Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: Great. It's an absolute must at our agency and allows us to offer an additional layer of depth when working with clients.

Vorteile: Hotjar has enabled us to tremendously increase our clients' website user experience in additional to overall conversion rate. Using Hotjar, we're able to see detailed heat mapping of where users are clicking that allows us to make strategist decisions involving website design.

Nachteile: Hotjar at times will freeze and not be able to serve the heat map properly. Usually, a refresh or something similar will fix this.

von Hotjar an 15.11.2019

Thank you, Andrew! We're glad to hear that Hotjar has been useful to your team and your clients. PS: if you experience repeated issues with heatmaps, reach out to our support team and let us know so they can look into it for you!

Hotjar-A guarantee of quality

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Luca R.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Hotjar is incredibly easy to setup. The learning curve is basically flat. The product is cheap and has a great free version.

Nachteile: It can slow down your website without you noticing it. Look at Google Developer Tools, the time to interactive value.

von Hotjar an 29.8.2019

Hey there Luca,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it! Brilliant to hear you find the tool easy to use.

Following up your feedback on site speed - have you had a look at this resource? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site-

On average the initialization of Hotjar has a minimal impact on the page being usable (around 0.01 seconds) and adds around 0.3 seconds to the overall page completion. In the article I link above we also dive into some more factors to consider about speed testing.

Most importantly - we'd love to help if you're finding this is causing any issues at all! :) The team is available at [email protected]

Alex

The eyes you should have on your website

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Carlos M.
Desarrollador web
Design, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a web designer this tool allowed me to track activity of the first users and detect things like: resposive problems, image problems, where the users are lost, where the users dont click and why, where the use leaves my website and why and what the user experience was overall.
My experience with this tool has been almost fantastic, I would recomend it to every webmaster.

Vorteile: Hotjar is a very useful app, integrated with websites will allow you to track the heatmaps and every action the user made, divided by device and showing every data you can need and even more. It also has the hability to record every action of the user or track a funnel performance, I recommend this tool specially to optimize websites, because it will allow you to know where exactly the user is lost.

Nachteile: What I dont like if this software is that I would like to advice users that they are going to be recorded somehow but it doesnt have that option. I would also make a simpler design for admin the websites, right now it can be a little messy for new users.

Wow, What a Product!

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Justin L.
Marketing Operations Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Within an hour of integrating it into our site and CRM (which took only minutes), we were getting recordings of user visits and heat maps, greatly increasing our ability to quickly improve the performance of our website and marketing campaigns.

Vorteile: What DON'T I like about this software is more like it. I'm blown away that there's not more reviews for HotJar and am very happy to have spotted this opportunity to give them some love. HotJar is easily the best value-to-price behavior mapping software of its kind, and I've used and shopped for several of them. That pretty much sums it up. From heat mapping to visitor recordings to polling functionality, I simply haven't had to look for another solution since I found it, and it is much more cost-effective than its competitors. Its integrations that we have implemented have worked splendidly, as well. 5 stars, hands down.

Nachteile: I'm only listing "cons" because I have to to submit this review. Some of its user interface wasn't completely intuitive to me at first but I overcame it quickly and don't think it's fair to expect every software program to not come with a little bit of a learning curve. Within a couple of days I was navigating it fluidly.

Watch, Change, Improve, Repeat

Bewertet am 31.5.2017
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Stumbled across Hotjar after paying way too much with another company. Hotjar is the best thing on the market for price, hands-down.
It is easy to use, easy to set up, and you can be recording users, generating heat maps, and collecting polls from day one.
We used Hotjar primarily for recordings and polls. Recordings are crisp, easy to watch, and I love that you can add notes to the video WHILE you are watching. And then save those notes for other people on your team to see later.
The polls feature is great. Many options for when the poll launches. Hotjar makes it easy to analyze your data, or export it and analyze it on your own.

Nachteile: The only downside is that Hotjar cannot record what happens inside an iframe. Such a bummer if you really need to see how your users interact.