Wir helfen Unternehmen in Österreich

Über Clover

Clover, das All-in-One-Verkaufs- und Zahlungssystem, integriert die Funktionen einer Registrierkasse, eines Kartenterminals und POS-Systems.

Erfahre mehr über Clover

We loved using the Clover system for a recent event. It was very easy to use and navigation-friendly.

They cost to much they lied about the monthly payment.

Bewertungen zu Clover

4,0
3,3
3,8
3,5

Clover hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 470 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Clover bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Josh

Luis
Digital Apprentice in USA
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Clover Review

Kommentare: Clover is very easy to use, doesn't take much space and it makes paying for merchandise and services fast and easy.

It's very easy to use, and I love how it accepts so many kinds of credit cards and forms of payments!

I don't like how sometimes it will take a few tries to read a card, which can make customers desperate and annoyed.

Elizabeth
DJ in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Almost Great...

Kommentare: My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Sable
Salon Owner Educator in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

My Clover Review & Experience

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I liked the POS system however it has a learning curve. After playing around with it for a couple weeks I was able to better navigate the device. It was a very easy setup.

Not what I thought it was going to be like. I was not informed of the additional charges and App Store fee. It was difficult to integrate online booking and salon management with this system. I ultimately had to change. I think it is a wonderful system for maybe a restaurant or other type of business not for salons or spas - in my opinion.

Mark
Manager in USA
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Business Owner

1,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Terrible experience. Zero help from anyone. Just to cancel was an act of congress. If I could avoid a company, in any business, doing anything, I would avoid Clover.

Nothing. Unless you like add-on fees that you don't get from other processors, avoid Clover.

Never ending erroneous fees. Zero help from customer service to explain and/or dispute. Customer service spoke with broken English and NEVER helped a situation. Clover called something "Quarterly PCI charge" and would charge whenever, bi-monthly. They just drafted the money when they wanted. Deal breaker was they came up with a "Security Bundle Fee" of $299. No one at customer service could explain what it was and there was not getting out of it. I cancelled account and after account was closed, they still drafted the following month. Clover is the worst processing company.

Sabrina
General Manager in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We needed an upgrade from QBM.

Kommentare: We love the web-based back office. Checking sales from my phone and being able to check orders in real-time has been the best management tool.

Plug and pay. Clover really is, "plug and pay" we were able to start using it as soon as the machines arrived. We also were able to get a replacement register drawer quickly when one just stopped working.

Our menu was not completely programmed when the machines were sent this was a bit of a hassle. After some back and forth we were somewhat satisfied with the items programmed and we could take it from there.

Thomas

The crash of Clover

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I’m a month pass our warranty and because of their crash I end up having to pay over $300 to replace a piece of equipment

A piece of equipment failed because of their crash and unable to use the system basically out of business until it is fixed and I had to pay for it. It’s been over a week already looks like another week.

Very unreliable I had a business you better have a back up system like Square and an iPad and a cash register

Yousef
Yousef
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Horrible!!!! Do not use!!!!

Kommentare: Horrible. Will never use or refer to anyone

Nothing at all. They shut down my account without any notice.

Customer service, service itself, sales representative

Alexandra
Owner Manager in UK
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Cover is easy and simple

The support is amazing. No question is too simple. They always go above and beyond to help

Nothing, we have 2 devices to help serve our customers. One that is controlled by an iPad and a hand held mobile one

REBECCA
WARRANTY CLERK in USA
Software für die Automobilindustrie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

TAP AND GO!

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: GREAT, I HAVE NO REAL COMPLAINTS, I USE IT EVERY DAY!

SUPER QUICK AND EASY TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS, EVEN GOOGLE PAY AND APPLE PAY

PUTTING IN THE RECEIPT PAPER IS A LITTLE TRICKY SOMETIMES, CAUSE IT WILL GET SIDEWAYS.

Data Analyst in Kanada
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use POS system

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

It is very easy to set up and physically looks good.

At times the handheld unit feels clunky.

Ziyad
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Don't judge a book by its cover! Looks great at first glance, wait until you use it

Kommentare: HORRIBLE, once I onboarded my merchant who sold the thing to me has not been able to do a single thing for me and always tells me to talk to Clover support. When you call clover support you spend a minimum of 30 minutes - 2 or 3 hours between getting bounced around, and people not being able to help. Once I called and they literally sent me back and forth between two departments twice that I had to yell at the last lady even though it wasn't her fault.

The hardware is nice and integration with Homebase (our scheduling software). The question was about software and I mentioned the hardware because honestly its probably the only good thing -ok they have good integrations in their marketplace as well, there are a lot -its fast

-NO ABILITY TO GENERATE A SHIFT REPORT FOR AN EMPLOYEE THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH CASH THEY COLLECTED MINUS PAYOUTS... I can't believe it -Terrible customer service!! -When you receive your payments, it comes minus the days fees and their merchant statements don't match the deposits. You will never be able to reconcile, they are probably stealing. -REPORTING IS SO BAD! It looks good at first glance, once you start trying to go into detail, or if you want to look at your quarterly sales you end up having to download an excel and manipulate the data yourself -NO ABILITY TO DO TAX-INCLUSIVE sales. I can't believe they have a presence in Europe... I live in the US and I hate dealing with coins, I don't want to sell items with tax-exclusive, I like to have flat dollar amounts. You can't with them -theres much more but I'm not gonna sit here all day, this should be enough to deter you

Carol
Einzelhandel

Clover not a choice for retail, very misrepresented and pricey

There is absolutely nothing that I like about this product except maybe the appearance and not too bad adding in stock that is already in the system.

This is marketed as a state of the art POS system with added capabilities through apps. However the base system is so limited that i would not even consider it a POS system, but more of an expensive payment processor. I had researched retail systems and most have lots of features and capabilities such as accepting unlimited bar codes, include a wide variety of detailed reports, inventory management including tracking of stock, re-orders, keeping track of back orders, client records, all kinds of very basic needs to a retail store. When the bank presented this system, I asked very specifically about its capabilities and gave very clear information on what I needed in a system. The rep assured me that it not only did all of the basics that I needed, but it also had apps that were available for customizing and expanding , such as going into also having an online sales presence. So, I feel it was either deliberately misrepresented or the rep is not trained at all on what the system offers and did not feel it important enough to get valid answers. The basic system does not even include basic necessary functions for retail. 1) it has a 15,000 bar code limit, plus other limits for categories and modifiers. - Their solution is for you to create new bar codes per item and just use the modifiers and what not to make up for it - however the modifiers and such also have limits. 2) it does not allow more than one wholesale cost per bar code. So if you obtain stock at differing prices due to seasons, volume, clearance, or price increases - the new prices over writes the original price put in. There is no way to have different cost for the same item. So again their suggestion is creating new bar codes for new pricing or to have a separate system for tracking cost of goods. 3) The reports are nominal. They look like ticker tape reports. No report gives information usable for a purchase order. I made the categories my suppliers so I could easily use the category report to reorder sold products, but the product and bar codes are not part of the report, so the only indicator of which item it is is the description and price. There are also few types of reports available compared to other systems I had looked at. 4) There is no purchase order capability in the base system, so also no way to track orders, back orders or way to easily know what to even order from sales or stock quantities. 5) I have had multiple times where items are put into inventory only to have them not show up when scanned at the register. Part of the time, I will go into the inventory app later and find the item with all of the necessary info there, but for some reason it is not getting picked up by the register app. Other times it isn't there and even after going back and re-entering again, I still have same problem, so I have resorted to running these items as a customer item which has further screwed up the accuracy of my inventory. 6) Due to various glitches (items not showing up in or possibly not even being subtracted properly from inventory) my inventory is nowhere close to accurate and at some point will have to be fixed. 7) To order or check inventory has to be done almost exclusively by physically going through my store to see what truly is in the store and what is needed and then typing up an order or report from that. 8) new inventory is all added manually rather than the scanner adding into the inventory app. So if you have two on the shelf, but two more you add it to make now 4. There is nothing that shows you who or what manually added or subtracted from the inventory app or when. You can assign specific access to specific functions, but I have found no oversight at all, there is no way to see what they are actually doing besides their name by the transaction they oversaw at the register. This is only the beginning of what this system lacks. 9) The only way to make up for these shortfalls is through the app store (which they had told me was for customizing, expansive needs - not basic functions). I still have yet to see anything that really covers everything this system lacks and each app costs monthly and I could easily be spending somewhere between $99 and $250/ month on an app - and its a thrid party app, that though approved, is not guaranteed, and then it is more customer service reps to deal with. I have been unable to get any decent or helpful responses from customer service reps just with the system itself - can't imagine what it would be like with glitches between apps and the system.On top of all of what the system does not do, I got mine though a lease which is way more expensive then it was presented to be, and the lease is "iron clad, unbreakable" with no guarantee the system works for my situation. I have taken it to corporate level and the best I have gotten so far is an apology that I have been inconvenienced but still denying me the ability to get out of the lease. This is so non-functional for a dance store with lots of shoes, that I will have to get another system while paying for this one while I fight to get it resolved. The only reason I leased this system was the answers given to me bto very thorough questions and it was 100% misrepresented. I hate dealing with tech anything by phone and it looked like a simple solution - on the ground set up and my bank, merchant services, POS all basically through the same place. What a disaster it has been. Has made everything more time consuming then if I had just had a basic old fashioned register and done books handwritten and not had to spend so much. The purpose of the point of sale system was to simplify book keeping and have all of the inventory, purchase orders, client info, etc. all in one system. This does absolutely nothing well except possibly process the payments - at what is seeming like pretty high fees.

Jeanine
owner in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DO NOT BUY A CLOVER DEVICE UNTIL YOU READ THIS REVIEW.

Kommentare: Everyone passes the buck. When you call Clover they tell you to call the app maker. You call the app maker and they tell you to call Clover. If you call your bank that you bought the system from, they tell you to call Clover. Everyone is "sorry" but no one can fix the issue or can offer an alternative.

There is nothing I like about my Clover device other than the price labels it can print for my products, BUT, that is an additional app you have to pay for and an additional piece of equipment you have to buy, which the rep told me was all included. I have to pay a monthly fee to be able to print price tags, he said that was also included.

1)Don't get too excited about all the apps they offer! They all cost money (if you want the version that actually does more than the basics) and NONE OF THE THIRD PARTY APPS WORK WITH EACH OTHER!!! So, you may download the rewards app and an invoicing app. Because they don't work together, the customer will never get credit for any of their rewards, etc.. 2) Technical support always says they will call you back but they NEVER do 3)Your system comes with minimal capabilities. Think of it as a calculator that can process payments. 4) Sometimes it keeps accurate inventory counts, sometimes it doesn't. 5) When entering inventory, it frequently saves an item twice. You may enter an item with a quantity of 6. Clover enters the item twice, now you have the item at 12!

Sylvia
Partner/Administration in

Clover Pos

Kommentare: From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Scott
Owner in
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clover POS is NOT for retail

Kommentare: We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...

Phil
Marketing Director in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

Kommentare: It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Francesco
President in USA

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

Kommentare: The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

NICHOLE
Office Manager in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and a lot of features

Kommentare: My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Deborah
Business Manager in USA
Möbel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clover Nightmare!!!!!!!

Kommentare: We used Clover for over a year at our 70+ year established furniture store. We contacted them over a year ago to cancel our services as we were opting to go with another provider and did. We filed all the requested paperwork to end services with Clover in 2021. HOWEVER, they continued to bill us for a service we NO LONGER utilized and when we confronted them about the issue of billing after CANCELATION, they denied getting paperwork and refused to refund ANY monies. (OVER $2k). The form provided by them and the instructions for resending it had changed and when confronted they denied that also. DISGUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES! DO NOT USE THEM!

The software wasn't the problem. The software was great.

No complaints about software. The software worked great. However this isn't the ONLY part of running a good and reputable company!

Brianna
Assistant in USA

Great but has limitations

Kommentare: Overall, it’s been really great. Whenever we have issues, clover is usually able to solve it. Their customer service has been wonderful; they take time to understand issues and make notes for their software engineers when there’s a bug.

Easy to use; intuitive layout. The report overview can show sales by-the-hour which is helpful for planning. The add-on apps have been working well; Menufy & the inventory audit are great. The inventory audit add on also has a downloadable app which has significantly streamlined our inventory process. Great customer service-they are able and willing to help fix any issues that come up.

The hardware can be glitchy. 2 examples: (1) the station will start clicking buttons randomly and sometimes this can only be stopped by restarting the machine. (2) the biometric finger print sign in will crash about 50% of the time when trying to add new employees. The reports could be more customizable and the filters could be more detailed. It would be nice if the whole thing was able to be customized to fit our unique needs, but for the price it works well enough.

Matt
Controller in USA
Restaurants

Reporting inconsistent, support is minimal, labor scheduling is good.

Homebase app is excellent for labor scheduling. Homebase allows us to add new employees, build their roles and add availability for each employee. Then when our schedule is completed, we can text out each employees individual schedules to their cell phones.

Downtime is frequent, support is minimal, reporting is inconsistent. Clover is a young and sleek POS, but their hardware is run on wifi and can continuously crash or fail to process tickets from the tablets. I understand that turning tables is faster in theory with electronic cloud based technology, but when a server must stand in front of a table and have difficulty modifying the order because of so many screens to touch through and new screens to load (and buffering is an issue at times), the 'speed' is lost. In addition to hardware issues (printer dying in the middle of dinner rush), the reporting is confusing and not helpful. Where is the daily sales summary? We pay our servers' credit card tips out through net cash sales and there is no way to track this in Clover. We use QuickBooks Online for accounting, and to "reduce data entry" QuickBooks works with Clover through a third party app called CommerceSync, another inconsistent tool. All in all, if you have a problem with anything listed above, and you call for support, you will be greeted with suggestions of other third party apps to buy to fix the problems.. these are not solutions, they are just ways for Clover to make more money.

Chinweikpe
Designer in UK
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Untrustworthy

Kommentare: Signed up with this company in March this year, what they said is not what they did; the amount of
hidden fees this company has is truly disturbing,
not to leave out when I complained they
waved off nearly half of what they claimed I owed
them, not to leave out they have an answer for
every discrepancy one can mention.
I told them that I no longer trusted their company
for taking card payments, disconnected them
from taking payments from my bank,
disconnected the machine & went back to
using SUM UP who have no hidden fees & are
actually for businesses not out to daylight
robbery them. I have since spoken to a
number of merchants using clover to take
card payments & they also spoke if being
charged extortionate figures that were not in
the contract, I've told them to use SUM UP or
any other truly no hidden fees company to
take card payments. Since I went back to
using SUM UP my business is thriving again. If
you want a TRULY successful business DO
NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO TAKE CARD
PAYMENTS Clover then asked me for the bank
details of the bank that I was using which they
had no access to & I told them no & that I was
d going to write a review of how much if a
nightmare & a scam I found them to be.
This is the review.

The cons of using Clover far outweighs the pros, all I recall is what a nightmare the company turned out to be for my business.

The internet kept on ceasing despite it working perfectly fine for the first month, they I had to keep signing in, & there was nothing wrong with the internet, but that’s not my problem with the company.

Jessica
Service Advisor in USA
Software für die Automobilindustrie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Clover is the best in the market!

Kommentare: We have been using clover the entire time I've been with the company and it works great. It's super convenient and makes checking out customers fast and easy!

The new handheld device makes processing payments fast and easy. The device can be moved to each desk and throughout the dealership and take it to the customer for convenient invoicing. The customer can sign directly on the screen or we can hand the device to the customer to securely and privately enter their passcode.

The only thing I would like to change is that the signature print out on the receipt! I think adding that would be a great option.

Arif
Owner in Kanada
Groߟhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clover customer support is pathetic

Kommentare: Very Bad

terminal features only, Android app works well, easy to use

Clover support is a piece of garbadge, we had the machine since last 3 years, this time the payments were not deposited, we were told that [sensitive content hidden] Suppervisor will call back in 24 hrs to 48 hrs, but its been almost 2 weeks, no one called, neither our payments were deposited or clear, i called 8 times, & i was kept on hold for many hours, then i tried live chat, & was not replied, they are suppose to call back & solve our issue, but no response, very disappointed, very pathetic services, will never recomend,

Tim
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not Fit to Handle Hospitality Industry

Kommentare: Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable
Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support, horrible crisis management

Easy to set up, easy to train, while it has many lacking elements that would be essential to any other hospitality POS there are easy work arounds. Handheld devices are good.

The entire support and technical team is unfit to handle the hospitality industry. They are completely unaware and seemingly unconcerned about the issues that your staff on the floor must tackle with their system. It's painfully obvious a roomful of engineers comes up with forced changes that adversely effect their entire client base without an ounce of understanding the impact of the changes they make. I and others I know that use clover have said many times, if any of them had worked on the floor for 5 minutes they would understand.