QuickBooks Desktop Pro Erfahrungen

4,3 /5
    4,3 /5
    3,9 /5

Über QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Buchhaltungstool, das Multi-Monitor- Unterstützung bietet und die Kennzeichnung überfälliger Rechnungen, um den Cashflow zu verbessern.

Erfahre mehr über QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Zeigt 1.285 Bewertungen

Maaya Y.
Payroll Coordinator
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2020

"Advanced Accounting Software"

Vorteile: As someone who used Quickbooks Online prior to using this version, Desktop Pro is definitely more advanced. It's user-friendly; however, it's a more established software so it's better for companies that's been open longer and has an accounting team. For startup businesses that's learning about accounting, I would recommend Quickbooks Online instead. If I were to compare this to photoshop softwares, it would be like Quickbooks Online is equivalent to Pixlr and Desktop Pro would be Adobe Photoshop. For companies with more than 50 people, I would highly recommend this software. It's a lot faster than QBO and more features.

Nachteile: There were some times where the serve had issues so we had to log out/in at the small business that I used to work at. But that happened every once in awhile.

• Bewertet am 8.10.2020
Rhiannon N.
Musik, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.1.2021

"Great product, support is lacking"

Kommentare: It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Vorteile: Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn.
I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

Nachteile: The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.)
They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating.
The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive.
Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times.
The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it?
Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

• Bewertet am 7.1.2021
Chris D.
Bau
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2016

"Great product from a satisfied user"

Vorteile: Intuit is a proactive company and quickbooks desktop is a solid performer. Logic is fluid, able to customize fields for greater use in my industry, links to bank, professional documents for estimates, invoices, etc... Large selection of report templates and easy to customize.

Nachteile: I have been a loyal desktop user for years and in the past I was able to use my license on my tablet and smartphone which allowed me greater use while in front of prospects and customers. Inuit/Quickbooks then went to stand alone one time purchase desktop fee or monthly online/cloud based subscription. They are trying to force desktop users to monthly subscription since they limit functionality to force upgrade. Cost per year for desktop is starting to climb higher than monthly cloud based version. I also had used intuits credit card processing in the past but switched to square due to costs, intuit will break out net cost and credit card discount fee for bookkeeping on their product and not on other credit card transactions for processing. There are third party apps for that but with a monthly cost.

• Bewertet am 21.7.2016
Michael M.
Owner sole proprietor
Musik, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 20.11.2020

"My 2nd Try At a Bookkeeping Software"

Kommentare: I didn't need a Bookkeeping program, I had a business account, deposited all my receipts from the business into that account. I paid all my business bills from that account. The BANK did my books! We moved back to Wisconsin in '98 where I had to collect sales tax. So I got a Bookkeeping program to keep track of my sales tax.

Vorteile: It did what I needed it to do, kept track of my sales tax for the State and up to 8 Counties I serve. Due to it being installed on my desktop it was programed with the tax regulations for my state of Wisconsin. When it's time to file the sales tax you have to have the complete sales for the year and the complete sales number of non-taxable sales. QB Desktop Pro always had those numbers ready for me.

Nachteile: I had no one to teach me, I was figuring it out as I went along, so I didn't get some of the vendors put in correctly at first. I had to re-work parts of it for income tax time and I never did figure out how to connect my bank.

• Bewertet am 20.11.2020
Alan L.
Event coordinator
Gastgewerbe, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.10.2020

"The investment is worth the time and convience"

Kommentare: Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

Vorteile: The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Nachteile: The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

• Bewertet am 27.10.2020
Cathryn C.
Associate Director, Operations
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!"

Kommentare: My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

Vorteile: I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Nachteile: Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are:
1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit).
2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Teunis K.
General Manager
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2020

"Hands Down best accounting software for small to medium size business"

Kommentare: Thumbs up for this software. It has not only helped rum my business but also made me look good with banks and investors.

Vorteile: Quickbooks is a 123 easy software to use for your financial needs. If you are looking for a financial system to run your business this is it. Balance Sheet, Income Stament or account it has you covered.

Nachteile: Sometimes if you have horrible staff they can make mistakes that will take a long time to figure out and repair.

• Bewertet am 7.10.2020
Timothy B.
CFM
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.9.2020

"Quirky but effective"

Kommentare: I am putting up with it since it is already payed for. This might work for most people and companies but I realized that I probabrally will just need to develop my own so that it can do all the things that I actually need it to do.

Vorteile: The software integrates well with PayPal and can import all of my line transactions which is nice. There is basically a report for everything. I like how the software will not let you enter incorrect information (double-sided accounting entries must match).

Nachteile: The cost is expensive. Even more so if you want to be able to use the online version. The license will only let you use on one computer. It is customizable to a point but really doesn't allow me to do exactly what I need to easily. I always have to find work arounds. It takes forever to load and uses a lot of resources.

• Bewertet am 23.9.2020
James B.
Managing Director
Pharmazeutika, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 13.7.2020

"Simple Accounting Software"

Kommentare: I have used it for many years. I have done the upgrades as well and the customer service is helpful

Vorteile: This is easy to use. I can get all of my invoices done and manage my cash flow. At tax time, I can get a copy for the account and he can update the information. You can link to your credit cards and banks as well

Nachteile: It would be good if they had some way of tracking hours or some way you could assign the hours for billing

• Bewertet am 13.7.2020
Visiting Lecturer
Glas, Keramik & Beton, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.1.2019

"How Quick Book is useful for the Business as Stand Alone Accounting Software"

Kommentare: Our Company uses this software before we introduced ERP solution. So it was fantastic time that we have used this. The user training and customer support was very good and using this software requires simple understanding over the business functions such as Finance, Inventory,Purchases so on.

Vorteile: This is quite good and helpful stand alone accounting software for the small and medium size entities who is really looking for an accounting software for his company unless he does not have adequate resources to purchase total integrated ERP solution. This is user friendly and simple software which can easily use to its users after quick and simple training.

Nachteile: This software is not suitable for the businesses which are having complex business processes and specified business models so it is very least applicable for the same quite big and complex businesses.

• Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Michael B.
Director IT
11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2018

"Dinosaur on its Way to Fossil"

Vorteile: I am hard-pressed to find an enthusiastic pro that I can add here. After years of all the limitations, and looking at other products, can't really praise the beast.

Nachteile: This software is bloated and uses out of date technology. It's entire substructure is based on Internet Explorer technology. That's right...Internet Explorer. The only real "cloud" solution they offer is to pay (a lot of money) to a third party service to host a remote desktop solution. Companies have been limping along this way for years. Imagine being a Quickbooks consultant to many different clients, all with different databases. Management becomes untenable. Intuit, a giant company with boundless capital continues to build on this ancient technology. It should have started from the ground up to plan for concurrent technologies, but it opted not to do so. Here is an example that happened with our organization. We wanted to move from a local hosted sever instance to a cloud-based version. Quickbooks recommended that we go with Right Networks. Right Networks, but there are major limitations and it adds $4000 a year to the cost of using quickbooks as a solution. But when your controller travels to Equador or Peru, and they need to be able to work, it was our only option. Because Quickbooks has chosen to stick to relic technology, we have this unnecessary added expense. When we moved to the hosted solution, our Enterprise license should have given us Online Backup functionality. However, the hosted instance of Quickbooks kept prompting us to activate online backups. Over and over again. Because, it uses Internet Explorer skinned prompts, it would not allow us to move forward. Quickbooks was not able to assist because it was a hosted solution. At the time of this review, Right Networks was still publishing remote desktop sessions on Windows Server 2008 R2. It is almost 2019. They are using technology that is at least ten years old. Another limitation with Quick Books and Windows Remote Desktop hosted solutions is Microsoft does not allow competing remote disk technology to run on their servers. Some time ago, our company got rid of our file servers and we moved everything to Google Drive (the corporate version). It allows end users to have access to TERABYTES of shared team data without it taking up space on their local workstation. It has turned out to be a beautifully elegant solution. As an event management and production company, our end users are constantly managing receipts. Quickbooks has no way of "browsing" to Google Drive to attach a receipt to a Quickbooks transaction or invoice. And because there is not a true enterprise-class, truly cloud-based offering from Quickbooks, we are not allowed by Microsoft to integrate Google Team Drive into our Quickbooks solution. Effectively, Quickbooks is a true dinosaur well on its way to fossildom. Even outside of our specific "power-user" needs, I have other complaints. The invoice template design functionality is quite literally out of 1992. It is truly an inelegant solution that looks ancient from the moment you open it. Let's say you have 4 accounting assistants producing invoices. If user A created an invoice based on template number 2, then when users C, D and E go to create an invoice, then their template is defaulted to template number 2. This a user-experience headache. Quite often, invoices get generated with the wrong template because of this "feature". If you want to design branded email templates that get generated when sending an invoice, there is no way to customize the email unless you design the email template using Microsoft Outlook. So you are either bound to Microsoft Technologies, with its attendant costs from CALs, Service Licenses etc. Suddenly, owning Quickbooks becomes even more expensive. Because Inuit wants you to use their payment platform (for accepting cards), they do not allow many (if any) 3rd party payment processing platforms such as Authorize.net. Our company has negotiated an aggressive 10 cent per transaction fee with Authorize.net, and Quickbooks can't compete with that, so we cannot even accept payments directly through Quickbooks. If I were a new business looking for an accounting solution, I would tell them to run far away from Quickbooks. It is terribly outdated for a twenty-second century organization.

• Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Stephen A.
Immobilien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2021

"They Act Like They're the Only Game in Town"

Kommentare: Customer service is non-existent. They don't want to hear from you and you won't ever hear from them unless they want more money. Increasingly, I felt like nothing more than a cash cow to be milked and that's no fun. I switched to Stessa for my property management accounting needs. It's awesome, intuitive and free. I'm not kidding.

Vorteile: QuickBooks allowed me to keep a record of my income and expense entries for the past decade. Recently, I closed shop on my small video production business and dove into rental acquisition and management. This is when it became untenable. QB always acted like I was lucky to have them. Now I don't need them.

Nachteile: The learning curve is steep. They try to be everything for every kind of business but they just aren't good at certain businesses like property management. On top of that, they never stop trying to squeeze every last dollar out of you, even to the point of sabotaging functionality unless you pay extra for upgrades you don't need and don't want. If you are a small business owner and are in the market for accounting software, there are really good, less costly and more targeted alternatives out there, depending on the industry you're in.

• Bewertet am 22.1.2021
Donna P.
Retired Office Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2021

"From Tedious to Tolerable"

Kommentare: I am by no means a pro at making spreadsheets and was very pleasantly surprised at how well QuickBooks Desktop Pro made that knowledge (or lack thereof) completely unnecessary. It made my otherwise clumsy efforts of data entry look completely professional.

Vorteile: QuickBooks Desktop Pro makes some of the more tedious parts of business, such as keeping up with payroll, vendors, and inventory so much easier to keep up with. Pretty much all you do is fill in the blanks and QuickBooks does the rest for you.

Nachteile: The only thing that I didn't like about this was that sometimes it wouldn't save the the words that I had typed in or it would save a different word from the one that I had typed. It was similar to the way that spellcheck can completely twist a word that you are typing.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2021
Annette M.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2020

"QuickBooks for the Small Nonprofit Organization"

Kommentare: The program itself is excellent as seen from its popularity. My greatest need has been customer service technical support. I have been using QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Over this time I have been very happy with the improvement of their support. Depending on the level program chosen, there are varying degrees of support. I think this is the most important part of a program as complex as this. I am also very happy with the way payroll handles all the procedures automatically and that they build in the new legislation and regulations from all the states so the user is sure about what they are doing.

Vorteile: QuickBooks has a sufficiently wide variety of products/service agreements to satisfy the needs of small nonprofits. I find that the service has improved greatly over the years. The customer service people are extremely able to solve problems or explain processes. Also, since the user can choose between accrual and cash based accounting, small organizations can choose the system the best satisfies their particular circumstances. The payroll package is separate, so the customer can choose whether or not to do their own payroll or have someone else do it. The payment of payroll taxes is well supported and easy to use.

Nachteile: Because this software is so professional, there can be a steep learning curve for those without accounting or bookkeeping experience. It would be advisable for the new user to become familiar with entry level bookkeeping at least. QuickBooks also recommends that new users locate a current user to serve as a mentor. There are specially trained users who serve this role.

• Bewertet am 9.10.2020
Jillian C.
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Quickbooks Desktop Pro makes bookkeeping a cinch!"

Kommentare: I am winning at bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop Pro, what more can I say?

Vorteile: Quickbooks Desktop Pro allows me to be a great bookkeeper! Isn't that worth it's monetary investment right there!? I am able to input bills/pay bills, deposits, bank reconciliations and run reports all in the same platform. I even order our checks through the software and it reminds me when we are getting low. Also, I love that I can set reminders for monthly tasks and bills that need to be taken care of without worrying about forgetting. It's tracking it all for me and I just take care of it when the reminder pops up. Now I don't have the bank account connected and that is a personal preference but it is an available feature and it has it's benefits. You can also complete invoicing and payroll through Quickbooks desktop but we already had other means to complete those tasks. I can't recommend it enough, you won't regret the investment.

Nachteile: The only con I have about Quickbooks Desktop Pro is that going from the online version and converting to desktop is not clean. I've yet to get an import that wasn't missing something. I hope this is something Intuit will improve on in the future. But if you don't have to go back and forth then it's not an issue. I only have one client that this a bother for, other than that I keep everything on the desktop version.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
ASEA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2019

"Easiest accounting software I've used"

Vorteile: I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Nachteile: The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

von Intuit an 7.3.2019

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done.

In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates.

In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team